Margaretsnews
Monday, September 17, 2007
 

Whine-O-Meter rating: 5

I ended up surviving the weekend after all, although it seemed to be touch and go there for a while. I’d forgotten just what a punch IV chemo has. Thursday night I was feeling the first effects, but went to work on Friday morning anyway. Since I thought that I could tolerate the effects for a little while, I planned on working for a half day. There I was, thinking again! Oh, I made it, but it was hard. I was very happy to go home and rest. I don’t know that I’ll work on Friday morning again; after all, there’s no need to be stupid about this, is there? (I’ve been called a lot of things, but never “slow learner”!)

I’m trying not to think about tomorrow (my next chemo), but I’m dreading it already. I am still bruised and sore from last week’s stabbings. I’m still feeling the effects of last week’s chemo, so I can only imagine how this weeks’ chemo will add to that. I don’t know when I’ll be feeling better from this new procedure. Last summer when I was getting Happy Juice every 21 days, it took a full week before I felt human again. I don’t have that luxury of recovery time on this go-round. I know I must sound ungrateful, but I'm not. I am very thankful to have a new drug to try-- this may be the one that heals me-- but I dread getting stomped every week. However, that’s what chemo does. And on the plus side, I’m not nauseated, I’ll probably get to keep my hair, and my face doesn’t itch or burn. So there.

Thanks for being here. There is great comfort in knowing that others care.

 
Comments:
Hey Girl, know that we All are in your corner, yeah, and that goes for the lil lady over in the corner, she is even on your side... We are thinking about you daily and praying all the time.
 
Hey Margaret,
Just a note to let you know you are being thought of everyday and in lots of good ways.
Chicken soup can be delivered anytime time you feel it would taste good...or anything else.
Plus a chew bone for sweet puppy. Well, not exactly a puppy but a sweet dog none the less.
jenb
 
Hi Margaret
Hoping this weekend is a bit better than last weekend. Four legged companions can be the absolute best - they don't care how you feel, look or act as long as they get the occasional pet and bowl of food. When you're not at your best, they are remarkably tolerant and understanding. So are the rest of us, we're just not as cute.
Tons of CB hugs winging your way.
 
I figure as long as you've got the moxie to keep whining, you're still fighting. That's what keeps you going. I hope this next round wasn't any worse than the last.

My mom had bad veins. In her last illness, she was just black and blue all over from having to be stuck and restuck. At least she was sedated most of the time, so she didn't have to "feel" the sticking. Maybe if you pretended it was George Clooney with the needle??? Hmmm. That is a rather disturbing image, but maybe good for a laugh.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger