Margaretsnews
Friday, September 14, 2007
 

Killer Friday

I went to work Friday morning, feeling like I’d been hit by a truck. My neck, back, shoulders, and skin ached (and for some reason, my calf muscles), and I was very, very tired. Yes, it would have been very easy to call in sick today, and everyone would have understood and supported that decision. So why did I go? Because I can’t just let the beast win. Ol’ Skippy still needs to know that there’s a battle raging here, and I intend to fight with all I’ve got. And that includes trying to keep life as normal as possible by going to work, lecturing my kids, and eating on a regular basis. I worked for only half a day. After all, I can only fight for so long and then I must stop.

I’ve already visited with Mr. Motrin and he’s not quite the miracle worker that he was last week. I do have stronger painkillers, but they either put me to sleep and/or make me throw up, neither of which is my favorite activity. The anti-nausea drugs that I was given on chemo day work pretty well for a couple of days. Care to guess when they wear off? Yup. So maybe Mr. Couch and Ms. Crackers will be good companions this weekend. This would be a very good weekend to have the live-in housekeeper, but all I can afford is my lazy dog to keep me company. He’s a very good napping buddy, after all, and I’m certain to be doing quite a bit of that!

Thanks for being here. I’ll try to post again later.

 
Comments:
Hey there, Margaret.
We're right here.

Mary
 
I love you. I miss you.
That is all you need to know, girl.

Love,
Debbie
 
Hi Margaret,

Thinking of you and sending virtual (((hugs))) for you and ear scratches for your furry companion.
 
You just keep fighting that old beast...you are actually one fighting woman -- so glad to know you. I think laying on the couch with a lazy dog sounds like a good weekend thing. We love you and you have no idea the fight you give us. Scratch that dog one time for me...nancy
 
Actually, having a napping buddy is a good thing anytime. You know, though, sometimes a soda cracker isn't so bad. Not quite like a meal, but like the napping buddy, good to have when needed.

You just keep fighting. You know we're all there fighting along side you in spirit. You're one of us.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger