Margaretsnews
Friday, September 07, 2007
 

Boy, am I dreading next Tuesday! I’m scheduled to get back on chemo that day, and I just don’t want to. I am not looking forward to more needle sticks for bloodwork, more needle sticks for the IV, more time in the Chemo Lounge (nice as it is), and more side effects from the treatments. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: It feels good not being on chemo. (Whoa! Did you see that lightning just barely miss me?)

Yes, I am fortunate (and happy) that my options have not run out, and that I have a new drug to try. (It’s possible that the side effects from the gemcitabine will be minimal, and I will have anguished in vain.) I am also grateful that my workplace has been kind and understanding of this disease and my time away from work. I have friends and family that cheerfully help me with daily living, food, repairs, errands, and whatever I else I need or think I need. I have much to be thankful for, and I truly am.

But I’m still dreading Tuesday.

 
Comments:
Want the whack to come keep you company? We can hold the nausea at bay with our shovels...
Hoping Tuesday is anti-climatic for you.
 
You continue to be in my thoughts and I am keeping up with you through this site. Hope you will be able to feel everyone pulling for you and giving you a little extra umph on Tues.
 
Good luck tomorrow, girl! I'll be thinking about you. And remember, it's not like you actually have to FLY the plane. ;-)
 
Margaret,
woke up this morning and you are the first in my thoughts.
Standing ready to do what ever you want. Just say the word.
 
Sending you prayers and positive vibes today. I hope it goes well and smoothly without side effects.
 
You know the old saying: When a door closes, another opens.

Say goodnight, Gracie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger