Margaretsnews
Thursday, August 09, 2007
 

I know, I know, it’s been a week since the last posting. I’ve been told that I need to post more often, even if just to say “nothing’s happening.” I’ll try. Today, I’ll give y’all what you’re just dying to have: a play-by-play account of my day. (Aren’t you glad you came?)

5:45 a.m.: the alarm goes off, and is immediately silenced into snooze mode.

5:52 a.m.: The alarm goes off again, and I snooze some more. This goes on a couple more times.

Finally, just a little after 6 a.m., I drag myself out of bed and hit the shower. Then it’s Cheerios, pantyhose, pet the dog, and out the door.

By 7:30 a.m., I’m at work, where I’ll stay for a few hours. Lately, it’s been about 4 hours, but sometimes 5. I’m working my way back to full days. I hope I make it. Work is good; for a few hours, I’m not a cancer patient, I’m an office worker with a job to do.

Sometime in the early afternoon, I wave good-bye to my co-workers, and I leave for the day, homeward bound. When I get home, I change into my jeans and t-shirt, have a quick lunch, and answer the call of the couch. Sometimes I nap, sometimes I just rest quietly for 20 minutes or so. Then I usually turn on the TV and watch something mindless for a couple of hours, while staying on the couch. No errands, no cleaning, no laundry. Just resting. My lazy dog usually rests nearby. He seems to like having a napping buddy.

When absolutely necessary, I leave my beloved couch to get to the doctor, or the grocery store, but as soon as possible, I get right back on it. It gets lonely without me.

At some point, I decide that dinner is in order, and either send someone out to get it, reheat leftovers, or fix something very simple. It’s a real treat when someone brings dinner to mehomemade or restaurant-madeit’s all good, and I am very thankful to receive it!

After dinner, I’m back on the couch for a little while, usually wondering how early is too early to go to bed. Lately, I’m checking out at about 9 p.m. I read for a few minutes, send up a prayer giving thanks for today and requesting strength for tomorrow, and soon the snoring begins.

So there it is: the fabulous life here at the House of Endless Dog Hair and Dirty Dishes. Thanks for sharing my day!

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger