Margaretsnews
Thursday, August 16, 2007
 

The CT scan is now history. I’ll learn the results next week, which (of course) I’ll post. This test will show if the daily chemo regimen is working. (The scan went well, the worst part is drinking the contrast liquid beforehand. The IV isn’t much fun, either, but that’s easier than drinking the 2 containers of that slick, slippery, sweetish, thicker-than-milk-but thinner-than-a-milkshake goo. Awful stuff.) Keep your fingers crossed, y’all. If the daily chemo is not working, then I’ll have to make arrangements to become a guinea pig for Duke or UNC hospital. If it is working, then I guess I continue taking the Tablets O’ Gold for the rest of my life. Happily.

I’m still doing OK; although I’m tired all the time now. Resting is my new hobby. I can’t breathe if I walk and talk at the same time, and I can certainly tell when the air quality is a Code Orange! On these extremely hot and humid summer days, I have real trouble breathing. I can’t carry much over a pound without it being a struggle, so I employ others to fetch and carry when I can. (My lazy dog is no good for that. I’ve tried.) My appetite is still OK, although sausage and pizza have completely lost their appeal. Come to think of it, I have not had any dark chocolate in days. (Oh, how the mighty have fallen!) Saltine crackers with peanut butter are very appealing, and have been a staple for me lately. I’m always up for some good egg drop soup as well. Sometimes I think I’m very hungry, but then only eat a small portion of what’s on the plate. Other times, I can eat an adult-sized plateful. I just never know what to expect.

I know I can expect y’all to be right here with me, pulling me through the days. All the prayers, happy thoughts, cards, letters, food, jokes, flowers, balloons—all of it—go such a long way in keeping me sane(ish) and moving forward. Thank you. And you, over there in the corner, thank you too.

 
Comments:
Dear Margaret,
Yes you do know how we all feel and for over a year now you have allowed us to know how you feel - God bless you for your attitude and your spirit. So as we all hold our breath while we wait for the results of the scan our prayers continue and our thoughts are with you.
Love, Jo
 
There's a lot to be said for resting. Lots you can do while resting, too. Like reading. I hear there are a couple good books coming out next week. See, it's not so bad! :-)
Fingers crossed for the scan, and big hugs.
 
Our fingers are crossed for you. You will survive the nasty "C"... and live a long, happy life with a handsome significant other....DREAM!! it works...friends are forever...n
 
Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. You rest as much as you need. Remember we've got another CB lunch coming sometime in the future.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger