Margaretsnews
Monday, August 27, 2007
 

# 5 is O-V-E-R

Yes, it’s true, y’all, the latest meeting with Mr. Needle is now history. And thank God for it. (And I did.) All in all, it was a piece of cake, at least what I remember about it.

As y’all may remember, during a previous procedure, I had a panic attack when I couldn’t breathe. So, for the next time, I was prescribed some Xanax to help me relax. I had a .5 milligram dose, which is so tiny that even I scoffed at it. However, it worked really well; I was relaxed enough to tolerate the procedure very well, with no panic. For this time, I was prescribed a 1 milligram dose, one pill for the night before and one for the day of the procedure. So the night before I took 1 pill, slept horribly, and was worried about whether I’d wake up in time for my appointment (so much for those anti-anxiety properties!). In the morning, I took the 2nd pill, per my instructions. Well. Just call me Loopy Lou. I couldn’t think, could barely walk, still don’t remember the ride to my mother’s house afterward. Thank you, B. for getting me to and fro safely. (I hope I didn’t sing or otherwise offend you!)

The procedure went well, I suppose, heck, l slept through most of it. I do remember swearing an entire phrase aloud when that first shot of Lidocaine hit, but after that I was quiet. I could feel the doctors and nurses puttering around on my back, taping and cleaning and draping and pressing, but I was so out of it that they could have been doing the cha-cha back there and I’d never have known. At some point, I felt lots of pressure in my chest and couldn’t breathe, so I told the doctor to stop. He stopped temporarily and waited for a few minutes and tried again, but I still couldn’t stand the pressure. So we stopped. I was told that we got 800 somethings of fluid out this time, more than ever before, so that was good. (Hey, I was loopy at this point & just don’t remember.) As usual, there was the chest x-ray afterward, which I apparently slept through standing up, and the next thing I remember was sipping a Sprite through a straw. Somehow I got dressed and was handed back over to B., who took me to my mother’s house, where I spent the next couple of hours checking the quality of her couch pillows. After some lunch, Mom brought me home, where my research continued on my own couch pillows.

Not a bad day at all. And now, the couch is calling me again. Thanks for being here.

 
Comments:
Xanax and couch pillows. Where do I sign up?

Seriously, I'm glad to hear it went well. Um, it did go well, right? I thought about you off and on all day. I'm glad that part is over and you can move on to step two.

Sending very gentle virtual hugs and lots of love.
 
Margaret,
So pleased it went well. Hope you can breathe easier now. And I trust the doctors were as gentle as possible.
You have been in my thoughts all during the day and will continue to be.
(((((HUGS))))to you.
 
Dear Margaret -
I'm so glad they were able to get you loopy and then do the deed - and I'm glad it's over and you're working on measuring the quality of assorted pillows. I'm praying you start feeling as good as you look.
Love, Jo
 
Love, love, love those pain-killer chemicals. My favorite is morphine. When ya gotta have it, ya gotta have it.

Good that they got buckets of fluid. Hope you feel better soon. Of course, you won't know until you get delooped!
 
A little loopiness is good for you on occasion. Glad to hear they were able to get so much fluid. Hope it is making a difference for you.
 
Margaret, glad the procedure went well and hope you are feeling stronger and in less pain. Missed you in Dayton and we all decided we want to plan another lunch meet down in NC soon. Thinking about you.
 
Hey Margaret, hang in there. My friend has that treatment every week and a half. It usually takes her a day or two to recover. It tends to help her breathing and energy level.

We sure did miss you in Dayton but are determined to get all of the CBs under the same roof for a big party.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger