Margaretsnews
Monday, July 16, 2007
 

More tests


I went to the doctor on Friday. Lately I’ve been having chest pain and pressure, and it was getting more frequent and more painful. So I had an EKG, an echocardiogram, and a chest x-ray. (Did you notice? No IV procedures!) I don’t have any results yet and will post them when I hear something. The fact that I didn’t get the results right away is good because only bad news travels fast. I’ve played that game before.

I was extra tired this past weekend, and I struggled with the aforesaid chest pain. My lazy dog and I were quite a pair, lounging around like we had nothing better to do. I had to get up now and then for food, but for the most part, I spent both days on the couch. Resting is easy. Sleeping is hard. I can lie on my left side only, which gets sore after a while. If I lie on my right side, my back hurts. If I lie on my back, my back hurts. If I lie on my stomach…well, you know. Lying on the left side provides a little pressure against the achy spot, thereby making it more tolerable. But, boy is it hard to do!

The acne rash is clearing up slowly. It’s much better, not nearly as red and itchy as before. I recognize myself when I look in the mirror these days. That’s good. What’s not so good is that the rest of my skin is getting very, very dry. I don’t know why. I drink a lot of water and I’m not on a low-fat regimen, so I don’t get it.

What I do get is lots of support from lots of people. Many of you know what I need before I do. Thanks, y’all, for being here.

 
Comments:
I'll send you a big ol' virtual vat of good smelling moisterizing cream.

And I hope it takes a really, really long time for the doctor to tell you your results because it's just that much better.

Rest up, hope you feel more energy soon, and we'll be here when you're ready to play.
 
We're always here. And I'm really looking forward to meeting you in person Saturday.

Don't worry too much about the skin. Stress and stuff can cause that. In my case my pores produce entire vats of oil when I'm stressed, but it could probably work the other way around too. Everything just gets out of whack.

Get yourself a heavy duty moisturizer and apply IMMEDIATELY after your bath. Do not scrub your skin dry, just pat to get up the excess water, then apply moisturizer.
 
Btuda, I'll take that vat of moisturizer, and put it on just like McB said. After all, I can't be feeling like Moot, now can I?

CB love is wonderful!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger