Margaretsnews
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
 

It’s a quick entry today, y’all. It’s been a rough couple of days. Constant (although not intense) pain, fatigue, difficulty breathing, not nearly enough sleep….like I said, rough couple of days.

I have news, however.

On Wednesday, I’m scheduled for another thoracentesis. This will be # 4. You can imagine how thrilled I am to have this procedure again. I honestly never had a choice, though; the sooner I have it done, the sooner the cough and the back pain will stop. Maybe it’ll help with the fatigue also, who knows? I have a prescription for some Xanax which I’ll take an hour before the procedure. Maybe that’ll keep me calm and from having another panic attack when I can’t breathe. I have a driver to and from, so that’s covered (thank you, E!).

After whining for a couple of days about having to see Mr. Needle again, I’ve come to realize a couple of things (with help, of course, sometimes I can’t see the forest for the trees). 1. Despite the whining, I am grateful that I CAN have this procedure. 2. I am grateful that there is medicine that will relax me to the point of distraction. Or further. 3. I am grateful to have friends who will point these things out for me! 4. I am grateful to have sympathetic and generous co-workers who take such good care of me, in spite of my stubbornness. (Me? Stubborn? Huh.)

And now it’s time for me to get back on the couch, which retains the imprint of my body, even when I’m not there. Thanks for being here.

Addendum

It’s Wednesday afternoon, after the thoracentesis. Per my instructions, I took the Xanax before the appointment. While I thought I was feeling mostly just sleepy, apparently I was relaxed enough to be agreeable to have the procedure. (Y’all remember how much I was looking forward to it!) I must say, this time was much easier than last time; much less pain and no panic attack, and the doctor was able to extract about a liter of fluid. There is still some fluid left in there, but I couldn’t stand the suction in my chest any longer, so we quit. It’s possible that I’ll have to go back again, and just in case, I was given a prescription for more Xanax. So, knowing my track record here, are y’all thinking what I’m thinking?

It’ll take a couple of days to fully recuperate, but I am already feeling much better than I was yesterday at this time. I still lose my breath while talking, but that may get better gradually as well. All in all, a successful procedure. So far, anyway.


 
Comments:
Margaret, you will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.
Trust it will go like clockwork and that you will indeed feel much better.
 
Glad this one is behind you and hope this will make things better. You are in my daily thoughts. DS
 
Margaret, that's great news! So glad they were able to get more out this time. Now if someone could just teach you to stop taking deep breaths while your head is underwater. . .

Seriously, rest and recuperate and think positive thoughts. I'll be doing that, too. Well, not the resting part, the thinking.
 
Margaret, thank you for the update.
Now please just rest and take care of yourself.
We need to see your beautiful face in September at the next get together.
 
So glad to hear this one was easier on you - and more productive too. Take good care of yourself.
 
Great! A nice chemical is a joy forever, or something like that. Wonderful that this one was easier. Pleasant dreams!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger