Margaretsnews
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
 

I can’t believe I have not posted anything in a week. Once again, that’s good news, y’all, it means that nothing’s happening. I do have a bit of reflection, though. . .

One year ago, July 27, 2006, I was all ready for some major surgery to remove the lower lobe of my left lung. That surgery never happened, and I have had a very interesting and sometimes heartbreaking journey since then. But I have experienced so much that was good in this year! There were co-workers who came together, time and time again, to help me. There were friends who stood me back up when I crumpled. There was my family who inspired me every day to keep up this fight. If I’d been well, I’d have missed it all. And since this journey is not yet over, I’m hoping there is more good stuff to come.

I had an appointment with my oncologist on Monday. We discussed my bloodwork, my dry skin, my appetite, the latest thoracentesis. The good doctor listened to me breathe, and informed me that there was still a good bit of fluid in my lung. (And we all know what that means.) My next scheduled procedure will be a CT scan on August 13, and I’ll get the results on August 21. Overall, it was determined that I’m in good shape for the shape I’m in! Monday was a VERY good day for me; I felt better than I’d felt in weeks. Instead of wondering why, I decided to follow some advice, given here on this very blog: “Don’t look too hard at good news.”

So that’s the latest. No bad news, no swearing, no expectations. Thanks for being here.
 
Comments:
Hi Margaret,
Thank you for the reflections and the update.
You are an inspiration to all who have the privilege to know you.
 
Dear Margaret,
I may not have written in awhile, but please know that not a day goes by without a thought and prayer for you. Thank you for sharing yourself with all of us - you are a wonder!
Love, Jo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger