Margaretsnews
Thursday, July 19, 2007
 

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Well, $*&@%&.

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that according to the test results, my heart is fine. Yup, the ol’ ticker is in decent shape. No problems there.

The bad news is that I have more %&#@ fluid in my lung, making me miserable. Again. (At the last oncologist visit July 2, he listened to my breathing, and said that he could hear air moving in and out, which told me that there was no fluid to block that sound. So the fluid has accumulated in the last couple of weeks.)

So I have some choices: 1) I can do nothing. 2) I can have another thoracentesis (meeting with Mr. Needle). 3) I can have the pleurodesis, which is the permanent fuse of lung and chest wall. 4) I can fill up my Honda and drive off into the sunset and think about it tomorrow.

We all know what I’ll end up doing.

The ugly truth is that I’m such a big chicken about it.

 
Comments:
Or 5) You can fill up your intrepid Honda, drive to NW Raleigh and have lunch with friends on Saturday, at which time we will shower you with love and support and strength and determination and generally approve of whatever the hell decision you make. We're like that.

WTF, we'll even listen to you cluck a few times before we slap you upside the head and then offer to hold your hand through the worst of it. Whatever it takes, babe.

See you soon.
 
We'll bring our shovels and bury Skippy once and for all.
 
Margaret, as you may have guessed we are all looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. Come when you want and leave when you must-- what works for you is perfect for us.

Shovels, lotion, handholding... whatever it takes we will be by your side.
 
I can't be in NC in person, but I will be there in spirit. Big hugs.
 
It was so wonderful meeting you yesterday. I hope the dr can do the procedure this week so you can be relieved of pain and sleep easily again. Looking forward to seeing you again in Sept or Oct
 
From Gillian
Yup, still here, keeping track, can't tell you how impressed I am with you-truly a force to be reckoned with...Thanks for keeping us all up to date and just know that even up here in the great white (wet)north, I'm thinking about you and sending e-hugs. Glad you have lots of support down there...take advantage as much as you can.
 
I'm joining you in your Honda...sounds like a good idea to me. I know you will continue to be a trooper, but at least you will feel much better once the fluid is gone. We're here for you...nancy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger