Margaretsnews
Thursday, June 21, 2007
 


Reliving the teen years

This acne is going to do me in. On Monday it looked like chicken pox, after the blisters popped. Yes, I had little, itty-bitty scabs all over my face, red swollen bumps, and little white dots. Once the red bumps sprouted white dots, I’d scratch them, and then they’d bleed and form scabs. The good news seems to be that once a bump is gone, it’s really gone. My face is not quite so all-over-red like it was 2 weeks ago, and not quite so hot and itchy like it was last week. Oh, it’s still itchy, just not find-the-Brillo-pad itchy like before. I feel like a science experiment. I guess it’s getting better, although not quick enough to suit me. I was instructed by my oncologist to avoid oily products on my face, since that would compound the acne. I’ve done that, and I’ve gotten dry skin as my reward. Which sounds like good news, right? Dry skin = less acne. While that is true, my skin is over 40, and desperately needs moisture. In these last couple of weeks, I’ve avoided my favorite moisturizers, and boy, does it show! My fine lines have turned into magnificent lines. Apparently, I have laughed a lot in my 40+ years, and maybe that’s not such a bad thing to advertise, after all. And now I am through talking about the acne. Moving on. . .

I went to see the oncologist on Tuesday. There wasn’t much to discuss; the bloodwork looked normal (whatever that is), and we decided to change the antibiotic to a pill rather than a gel. The gel was keeping me from getting infection, but a pill may work better to actually clear up this face. We shall see. I have another appointment in 2 weeks.

So no bad news this time, which is good news. And it’s about time for some good news! Thanks for being here.

 
Comments:
You know, I keep thinking that if this new medicine is doing all that to your face, just think what it's got to be doing to the cancer. And that thought just makes me so happy. And then I feel bad because I know it's making you miserable. But it's temporary, right?

As for the dry skin, drink twice as much water. Really. And probably eating some guacamole (with friends) would be good. Why yes, that was a hint.
 
Why yes, that was a hint...so when is the best time for you. It really has been to long and I miss you all.
 
Hi Margaret,

John told me about your cancer about a month ago and gave me your blog. I been keeping up with you ever since, but I didn't know what to say--still don't. It's hard for me to get my head around. In any event, I'm thinking about you and praying for you. Drop me a line @ majfamily@cox.net when you get a chance. Like to catch up--been way to long...

Nebraska Jim
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger