Margaretsnews
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
 

Quick acne update: (I know I said I was through talking about the acne, but I lied.) It’s getting better. The redness is fading some, and the actual acne is abating noticeably. Now I have an itchy rash going down my neck. . . yup, the fun just never ends!

Tuesday I received my 2nd shipment of Tarceva. I don’t know why that stuff doesn’t come via an armored Wells-Fargo truck on a fancy red carpet and hand-delivered by good-looking, tight-uniformed security guards. Hey, I'm sick, not dead!

I am feeling tired, although not exhausted, and I am perfectly happy just to sit in one place for a long time these days. I still work full days most of the time (although I don’t know for how much longer), and my job involves lots of sitting, so that works out very well. If I’m at home, the couch is where you'll find me, but I keep falling asleep. At home, I am frequently conflicted between, “C’mon, girl, just get up, get moving, and get something done,” and “$^%#, don’t you people know that I feel rotten and need help here?” It’s getting difficult to do the simple things: carry groceries in from the car, scrub the shower, stand up long enough to wash dishes. I have not cooked in a while. I can orchestrate from a chair in the kitchen when I draft someone to cook, but we have too many nearby restaurants for someone to volunteer very much. Thanks to the powers that be for restaurant gift cards! And extra thanks to those who bring dinner to me. You all are saints!

I’m getting pressure in my chest again, and I’m starting to cough a little more, and that hurts. Sneezing hurts a LOT, so I try to avoid that whenever possible. I have learned that I can take Motrin with the new meds, so I do and feel much better. And the funny thing is that frequently when I eat, I get hiccups. Yes. Can you believe it? It would be much funnier if it was happening to someone other than me! I guess it’s good to have a funny thing amidst the daily struggle.

So, no real news today. And we all know that no news is good news! Thanks for being here. This journey is made a little easier because y’all are right here, patting my back, filling my belly, and keeping your fingers crossed for good news.

 
Comments:
I'd be more than happy to cook for you. It might be cold by the time it got there but I bet I can think of something. How is your appetite?
CMS
 
My appetite varies, but lately, I have not refused any meals. Since I feel much better when I eat (duh!), it seems like the smart thing to do. Not that I usually do the smart thing, you understand, but every now and then I do something right.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger