Margaretsnews
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
 

Itchin' and scratchin'

I’ve been itching and scratching and complaining for about a week now; the acne rash is just as annoying now as ever. It’s not getting any worse, although I can’t say for certain that it’s getting any better, either. The antibiotic gel is doing its job, and the Benadryl crème is doing its job, let’s hope the Tarceva (which is the cause of the rash) is doing its job too. (Ol’ Skippy still has a fight on his hands!)

In the big picture, while the acne rash is aggravating as ^%#%*, it’s a pretty minor side effect to have. I’m not throwing up, not nauseated, not in constant or extreme pain, not exhausted, and not bald. There are worse things than looking awful. (For those of you who have seen me and said, “It’s really not that bad”, I thank you for being such kind and wonderful liars.)

Appetite and energy aside, I’m feeling pretty good. I don’t want to eat much, but I’m eating. The old fashioned breakfast seems to have the most appeal: fried eggs, bacon, potatoes….YUM. Of course, there’s no time during the workweek for such indulgence, so Cheerios it is. I’m still working full days, but once I get home, I just want to sit, relax, and have someone else cook dinner. (Does that happen to anyone else?) I took the dog around the block last week, and I made it about halfway before I realized that I shouldn’t be walking that far. Of course, being halfway meant that I had to go the rest of the way. Oh, I made it, but it took a long time. The dog was thrilled, because my extra slow pace allowed him to sniff every bush, tuft of grass, and mailbox along the way. In his eyes, I was doggy mom of the year that day.

Thanks for being here. I’m glad that I can lean on y’all and rest just a little. Or a lot.

 
Comments:
Hi Margaret:
You can lean on me anytime you want. I bet you're right and the dog really loved that walk. You need to remember what I was often told: You have to remember that as far as you go out you have to come back.
Take care.
Penny
 
Hi Margaret. I hope your itching goes away very soon. Being doggy mom of the year isn't really too bad a duty is it? :-)

If I lived closer I would cook you breakfast all day. Eggs and bacon...YUM, my favorite meal no matter what time of day!

Take good care of yourself - WapakGram
 
BCB here, reporting in for dinner duty, ma'am.

Not sure how appetizing the bacon and eggs would be by the time I got them from here to there -- can't be more than 15 minutes, even with traffic, but some things just don't travel well. But I can make other things. Good things. Things you might want to eat. Really.

Call me and tell me a day. I'll be more than happy to bring dinner to you. I might even walk your dog.
 
Hey Margaret,

BCB can take one day and I will take the next. How about grits and shrimp?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger