Margaretsnews
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
 

Tuesday's News

It’s been several days since my last posting, so an update is in order.

I’m healing up from the last meeting with Mr. Needle—Motrin helps—and am hoping that I don’t have to have that procedure again. The injection site was VERY sore on Friday and Saturday, and I had muscle pain in my back this time, which I did not have before. I was more tired after this thoracentesis than I was from the others. The couch was my very best friend during the weekend, and since the dog likes to be where I am, I had a napping buddy too. Not a bad way to spend the weekend.

Since I’m currently between treatments, I can see how I “really” feel. (It feels good not being on chemo. There, I said it. Yes, I’ll take the chemo pills when I get them; I am still fighting a battle here.) I still feel pressure in my chest so it’s hard to breathe sometimes, but I have not had that racing and pounding heartbeat since the last chemo treatment. I tend to stay tired, although not completely drained of energy, and I tire quickly after exertion, like climbing stairs or carrying something. I have an interesting little “zing” that I feel when I’m getting tired. It’s almost like a vibration, usually begins in my knees, then I feel it inside my head. It doesn’t hurt, but it’s impossible to ignore. Once I rest for a while, the sensation goes away. When I get tired again, it comes back. My appetite is also coming back, and I have discovered that when I don’t have to prepare my own meals, I eat more. I still don’t have the stamina to stand long enough to cook, and as a result, most of my meals are quick and boring, like soup or a sandwich. But if someone else cooks—look out! And of course, I’m still able (and quite willing) to go out, so I eat well then, too. Another mixed blessing.

I’ll start taking the chemo pills later this week. Here we go again!

Thanks for being here. It’s such a comfort to know that y’all are right here.

 
Comments:
Man what can I say but you are one tough cookie. This last "go round" hurt me just reading about it. Can't imagine--all I can say is I never wished a rash for anyone before but you. You are in my thoughts. Let Jo know if you would feel like "doing lunch" this summer. DS
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger