Margaretsnews
Thursday, May 17, 2007
 

No news

As of this writing, there is no news regarding the CT scan I had on May 9th. I called the doctor’s office yesterday and left a message with the medical assistant (who is awesome, by the way), and have not yet heard from her. It’s been a week, which is the usual amount of time that it takes for a test to be taken and the results known. I’m assuming (uh-oh) that no news is good news. (I’ve had the situation where I took a test in the morning and by early afternoon, had the results. And it was bad news.) Moving on. . .

On the last post, I said that foods tasted salty to me. (It took a couple of days to figure out what the taste actually was and why everything was unappealing. A slow learner, I am.) Salty things were not more salty, in fact, they were the only things that tasted right. But salty cookies were no fun, so I didn’t eat them. Salty chocolate milk was just bizarre, so I didn’t drink that. I did still eat, and often, too. Sometimes I’d get so hungry that I’d want to eat everything in sight. So I’d get something to eat, really load up the ol’ plate, and end up eating only about half of it. This has been going on for weeks (WEEKS!) and I am just now learning to give myself small portions. These are not tiny portions, mind you, these are probably the recommended daily allowance portions, which I should have been eating all along. I am happy to report that food now tastes like it should. (It's a mixed blessing, if you know what I mean.) So I’m going to enjoy that while I can, which will be until Tuesday. Tuesday I get more Happy Juice, and the chemo will make food taste weird again. It’s always something.

Thanks for caring! Lots of people have asked if I’ve heard any news regarding the latest test, and I appreciate that they remember. (I’ll post something as soon as I hear something.) I’m glad that y’all are here. I need all the help I can get!

Addendum: It's Friday afternoon, and I just heard from the oncologist’s office. The good doctor has been out of town all week and has not read the radiologist’s report on the CT scan. Since the oncologist is the only one who can read the report and give the news, we still have no information. The medical assistant who called me said that she would try her best to get the word to me on Monday, since I have a treatment scheduled for Tuesday. But in the meantime, and in the spirit of hope, we are believing that no news is good news. And then we are going to go eat cookies.

 
Comments:
Dear Margaret -
I'm with you and look forward to reading that the doctor confirms our beliefs on Monday. Enjoy the weekend and know I'm thinking about you.
Love, Jo
 
Glad you got to have lunch with CBs today. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger