Margaretsnews
Thursday, May 10, 2007
 

Current events

Here's what's happening these days:

Apparently, most of my taste buds are on vacation. Lately, most food tastes salty to me. Foods like bread, cookies, chocolate, and coffee. Toothpaste, even. All salty. I don’t know if it’s a result of the chemo (most likely, I guess), or if the planets are out of alignment. No wonder I don’t want to eat anything. Oh, I do, of course, sometimes out of hunger and sometimes out of boredom. My current favorite juice is cranberry-grape. For some reason, that sweet and tart combination is very appealing, and it’s not salty.

I have noticed that my skin is looking different these days, too. It’s drier and thinner, and needs more moisturizer than before. Where the radiation hit me on the front, that skin looks and feels like parchment paper. It’s tannish, dry and papery. The skin on the back where the radiation burn was the worst, is dry and papery, too, and very sensitive to touch. And the spot where Mr. Needle went in on my back is still a bit sore, too.

Which brings me to another point: I think I may have to visit with Mr. Needle again. The pressure in my chest is still an annoyance (sort of like a nail in the foot is an annoyance), and it needs to go. If this pressure is caused from more fluid buildup, then another meeting is in order. If it’s caused by something else (the tumor or general lung inflammation), then I’ll have to use Plan B, which I haven’t made yet. I won’t know which it is until I talk with the doctor, which I will do when the CT scan results come in. (No news yet on that. Y’all relax, I’ll post the news when I get it. These things take time, and in the meantime, remember that no news is good news. )

Thanks for being here.

 
Comments:
Hmmm, things that are tart and sweet to temp Margaret's taste buds out of hiding.... Well, if I was at all in the vicinity, I would make you a key lime pie. Is there someone I can email a recipe to? :+)
 
Theresa,
Yup, you can mail it to me!
(I won't make it, but I can coer... um... bri... er.. ask someone to make it for me!)
 
Here's a recipe that I think is the one I use (which is in a box somewhere in Ohio).

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_keylimepie.htm

With a premade graham cracker pie crust, it's actually really, really easy. The only thing that takes time is squeezing the limes. I also usually leave out the lime zest.

Definitely twist someone's arm for this. Yummy, yummy, yummy. :+)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger