Margaretsnews
Sunday, May 06, 2007
 

Another Sunday


It’s Sunday, and I can’t believe that I haven’t posted anything in nearly a week. No news is good news, but still, it seems like I could have thought of something to post! I guess I was busy living the good life. Huh. Let’s see what happened this week:

I got chemo’d up on Tuesday, and what a special day that was! As it happened, Tuesday was my birthday, and I got lots of sympathy—for which, I’m not sure. I also got lots of well wishes, several cards, some balloons, and some wonderful edibles. YUM. Thank you to all who thought of me.

Wednesday and Thursday were regular days; I worked all day and came home and crashed. No cooking, no errands, no cleaning. Too tired.

On Friday I was comatose for the whole day. Just exhausted. I didn’t want to eat, drink, move, or talk. That’s the usual response to chemo. Oh, I CAN move, but I really, really don’t want to. The effort that it takes just to walk across the room to let the dog in is enough to tire me out enough for an hour long nap. Sometimes my heart races (100 bpm) for no reason, and I just have to sit and wait it out. I feel much better when I eat, but preparing something uses up too much energy, so then I’m too tired to eat it. (Thank God for White Castle hamburgers!) This all lasts for a couple of days, and then it gets better, degree by degree.

Saturday was a carbon copy of Friday. Now it’s Sunday, and I’m pretty sure I’m going to live again.

Coming up this week, I have a CT scan scheduled for the 9th, and I’m hoping to learn some good news from that. (The results will come a few days after the test--- oh boy, more waiting!) This is the test that will show how well (or not) this new chemo drug is working. Y’all keep your fingers crossed. Toes, too.

Thanks for being here.

 
Comments:
Hope you had a great birthday!

Believe it or not, I am jealous. I used to LOVE White Castles. Sadly, they no longer like me ...
 
btuda,

There, there, it'll be Ok. (Pats back sympathetically)
Can I have yours?
 
Hope the scan went well today and that there was nothing to see. Um, that is, nothing bad. Er, nothing that shouldn't be there.

Geez. Good thing this is not brain cancer. Because, I tell you what, the potential for giving you grief in that case would just be too much to resist.

Keeping things crossed for you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger