Margaretsnews
Thursday, April 19, 2007
 

The next big thing

I had the chest x-ray on Tuesday. The technician offered to let me see it, so I did, and wow. I’m not a radiologist; have no training at all in reading x-rays, and usually don’t have a clue as to what to look at on an x-ray. But on this one, it was screamingly clear that there was something wrong. The right lung looked clear, with ribs and blood vessels, things I expected to see. The left lung was about 2/3 white. No ribs, no blood vessels, no heart, no tumor. Why? Because the fluid in the lung was obstructing the view. No kidding. And I KNOW it’s psychosomatic (because on Tuesday I was fine), but on Wednesday I felt that fluid all day long.

I went by the oncologist’s office to pick up some supplies for a CT scan I’m having in May, and the medical assistant came out to greet me. She had read the radiologist’s report –yes, they can be quick—and was ready to get the scheduling and bloodwork done in preparation for the next thoracentesis. It’s scheduled for April 25. While I’m glad to be having it done (I’ll feel better), it means that I’ll have to sacrifice my beloved Motrin for a few days before the procedure. Oh, the horror! Banish the thought! Sad but true; I’ll have to be tough for a day or so, but maybe I can endure. Perhaps cookies will help.

Speaking of food, y’all will be thrilled to know that I am gaining some weight! Yup, gained 3 lbs. since the last chemo. I just know that everyone has been up nights, pacing, waiting for that news. I’m grateful and glad that you are here at all.

 
Comments:
Just checking in. Think I had ESP that you had been on. E and everyone had long day at FW--conference time.
Cookies--Snackwell's Devil's Food Cake Cookie (Black Forest is the best if you can find them). I highly recommend them for Motrin Replacement Therapy. Thinking of you. DS
 
DS,
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to find some; as I recall, Snackwell's were pretty darn good, in any flavor. Thanks!
 
I haven't seen you around lately, so I'm checking in on you. Hope things are going as well as they can and if you just feel like lurking around for a while, that's ok too.

I know the real ones are better, but I'm sending virtual cookies your way!
 
btuda,

I have been lurking on the other blog; just not much to say lately, although I have really enjoyed (read LSHMTPO*) some of the comments!

Thanks for missing me. And for the cookies. No calories this way!



*Laughed So Hard My Teeth Popped Out
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger