Margaretsnews
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
 

It’s Wednesday afternoon, and I’m feeling much better than I was earlier this week! Sunday and Monday were very hard. The mornings were OK, once I took some ibuprofen, but the afternoons were a struggle. I took Monday off from work, and I was glad that I did. Tuesday morning I was very tired and achy until the ibuprofen kicked in. Motrin is a wonder drug! If I ingest enough Motrin, I will feel better, although I don’t think I’ll get back to 100% between treatments anymore. My “bounce back” from the previous treatment was more like a “drunken stagger back” to feeling OK. I guess that is to be expected at this point. A friend was insightful enough to mention that yes, life is full of changes, and the “new normal” is to be expected, just like with any life change. Huh. She’s right, and I wonder why I didn’t think of that myself. Just another day in Chemotown, I suppose.

I’ve been asked about the pleurodesis (the permanent fuse of lung to chest wall) vs. the thoracentesis (meeting with Mr. Needle). Here’s the scoop: My oncologist said that the thoracentesis could be repeated a couple of times, and would depend on how I felt with the fluid in my lung. If the fluid returned often, like every week, then the pleurodesis would be a good and permanent option. But if the fluid came back once or twice over the course of 3 months or so, then the pleurodesis would not be a good choice. Since the pleurodesis is a last resort method, it would only be used when repeated aspirations were not effective. So now we play my favorite game of all, “Wait and See”.

I’ve also got to wait and see what my hair is going to do. In the last blog entry, I mentioned that I’d had a haircut, and wasn’t very pleased with it. For those of you who see me, yeah, it looks OK, very similar to my hairstyle in the B. C. days (that’s Before Chemo). For those who don’t see me, imagine a very short masculine haircut with hair that is gray and black. (And how wonderful to complain about something as petty as a too-short haircut!)

Thanks for being here. You all carry me in ways that I can’t even articulate. I stay strong just knowing that you’re here.

 
Comments:
Yay! Glad you're feeling better! I think CMS will be along with the bus any day now.
 
Hey, Theresa! Yup, I am better for a little while, until I get dragged behind the train again next month. I am SO ready for the bus--I think I'm ready for a vacation!
 
pant pant ... only have a moment ... pant pant ... checking in from an all night library with internet access. Spotted big yellow bus zipping down 95 on my way home. Did an immediate U turn (and boy was that 18 wheeler surprised). It stopped for gas ... Theresa, CMS if that's you guys wave or something. Margaret, get ahold of BCB because I think we're coming your way!
 
Margaret, let us know if we need to visit the hairdresser... with our shovels... and 'reason' with them about what consitutes a Good Haircut ;)

McB, was that the big yellow bus that was on the news this evening? Methinks Theresa's been over in the UK for far too long. We drive on the right side of the road in this country. Should someone mention this to her?
 
Really, the right side of the road? Was that me driving? I'm sure it couldn't have been me.
 
Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I think we are ALL ready for the bus!

theresa - maybe it was on "cruise control" at the time.
 
Btuda -- cruise control? Didn't you mean to type Crusie control? ;)
 
mary eb: that's PERFECT! I love it.
 
I don't understand why McB and BCB's blogs let me be my informal self, but yours and Btuda's both insist on my using my first name and both middle initials. It's a bit formal, that's all I'm saying. Should I wear black tie?
(Snark is actually directed toward Blogger, not thee. But if I make my comments too directly pointed, Blogger tends to make my comments go awa---
click
 
Mary, it's a conspiracy. As part of our plan to TOTW, MCB and I have taken control over at Blogger. Well, someone had to do something when they went all Beta and damn near brought all blog traffic to a screeching halt. We just like to keep you on your toes, and changing ID's seems to work. For some people.

So Margaret, feeling well enough for lunch yet? Not to BE lunch, to have lunch.
 
Mary with the optional e.b.,
That's because Btuda and I are special. I personally don't care what kind of tie you wear; tie, scarf, sock, it's all the same to me, but (stage whisper here) you know Blogger.

I'm just glad to see you!
 
BCB! Geez that was supposed to be top secret. Now the jig is up and Blogger knows.
 
Boy those last comments sound like a foreign language so believe me--a stranger does not have a clue what you guys are talking about. Sounds like you have some dear fun friends. Just wanted to say hi and I continue to be on here reading and staying in touch with E. Thinking of you and I think our hairdressers may be cousins. A trim means little more than scalping--ha! DS
 
DS, half the time, even we have no clue what we're talking about. But we mean well and we make Margaret laugh. I think.

Margaret, you laughing?

And McB, the word you're looking for is "gig" not jig. Geez. Maybe you should stop with the French language tapes.
 
BCB,

Yes, I am! Y'all are just the BEST.

(And DS, not to worry, they're harmless. . . at least while unarmed!)
 
Harmless? I dunno about that. According to BCB I'm scary and dangerous. Even without my shovel.

And we are planning to TOTW. There's some island that we already have control of (name escapes me, as most of them do), and we were part of the blog that ate Chicago. Apparently the takeover of Blogger was the next step.
 
I would define us as "Mostly Harmless." As long as Margaret is enjoying the silliness, and doesn't boot us out of here, it's all good :)
 
Margaret,

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you on Friday with your Dad and others but my breath is causing me too much stress to go as often as I would like. Nevertheless, I thank God for being here and think of you and your Father quite a lot and the health problems you both are enduring. For that alone, I thank God that mine illness seems like nothing in comparison.

You are one heck of a lady as is your Dad a man, and you both give me inspiration through Christ.

Take care,
donald
 
Hey Margaret,

I hear from GP and BCB that the elephants have been restless in your neck of the woods. Hopefully it sounds more ominous than it actually is. Please make sure to keep your lions girded, and if you get a chance, could you let the blog know how you're doing? We tend to worry.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger