Margaretsnews
Monday, April 16, 2007
 

Another Monday

I feel so much better with each passing day. Not that I feel great, but I do feel better, which just goes to show how awful that first week really is. The extreme fatigue is gone, now I have just “regular tired” to deal with. Well, that and the pressure in my chest. Yes, again. Yup, it looks like the ol’ lung fluid is back, although not nearly to the extreme as before. I won’t let it get to that degree again; I was drowning and miserable. Tomorrow I’ll go get a chest x-ray, and then we’ll schedule the thoracentesis after that. Yes, another meeting with Mr. Needle. Is anyone surprised? It’s OK, though, as far as procedures go, it’s an easy one (for me); I hope the next one is as painless as the first one.

I’m a little concerned about a spot on my back. Since the last chemo, the skin on my back has been very sensitive where the radiation scar is. (The radiation burn has healed, but left a scar.) I can’t see it, but I’ve been told that there is a palm sized, darker brown area close to the puncture site of the thoracentesis that is a little red, a little swollen, and just a little touchy. I have no idea why. I think that it shouldn’t be sore at this point, but there I go, thinking again. It’s always something.

Food is becoming an interesting issue. I’m still more “burpy” than usual, but that doesn’t seem to be a huge issue. Chocolate milk is darn near irresistible and the colder the better. Salads (which I’ve never EVER gotten excited about) are sometimes exactly what I want to eat. Strange. Dark chocolate is still merely OK; I can have one or two bites and be quite satisfied.

I am more than satisfied with the amount of support I have—y’all are just the best! I get encouragement, I get motivation to keep going, and I get lots of laughter, which is the best medicine of all.

 
Comments:
Hi Margaret,

Glad you're continuing to feel better! Yes, needles are not fun, but like you said, as far as procedures go...

Twice I had to have a thyroid cyst aspirated. I'm sure nothing compared to drawing a litre!! of fluid from your chest cavity. Yikes! But the first time, very scary. The second time, not fun, but could be much, much worse.
 
I have to agree with you on the ice cold chocolate milk. I think I'm having a second childhood. Or maybe it's DH being my second child. Hard to say.

Well, it is all his fault. He made me buy it. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger