Margaretsnews
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
 
Tuesday's news

I guess it’s time for an update. Honestly, there’s not much going on, and I am grateful for that.

I am still dealing with this lung fluid situation; I finally called the doctor today to get an answer to a question. The question was: How do we know if the fluid in the lung is gone or if Motrin is masking the discomfort? Here are the answers:
1. Yes, the Motrin could be masking the discomfort of the lung fluid, so I should…

2. Stop taking the Motrin unless I get miserable with extreme pain/pressure.
3. The only way to know if the fluid is better is by another X-ray or by exam.
4. Chemo helps with the lung fluid.
5. How short of breath I am can be an indication of how much fluid I have. (Oh, no!)
6. The only way to fix it is to aspirate.

7. #@*&^.
Since I’m going in for chemo on Thursday anyway, I’ll see the doctor and we’ll work out a plan. I really would like to avoid Mr. Needle if possible; I see enough of his cousins on a regular basis.


In other news, I saw an acquaintance today, and he and his woman friend were asking about the cancer, my hair, and the chemo. I answered the questions honestly (hey, I have nothing to hide!), and the funny/sad thing that happened was this: The woman wanted to share, and told me of her friend who had been diagnosed with lung cancer, and went through chemo, lost her hair, was sick, and then she died. And then the woman told me of another friend of hers that had been diagnosed with stomach cancer, and when they went in to operate, the cancer was just all over, and she died, too. Uh-huh. Gee, thanks for those uplifting messages!

Oh, yeah, my hair!! For those of you who see me—isn’t it just unbelievable?? For those of you who don’t, I’ll try to describe it: It’s about 1 ½ inches long, soft as baby hair, gray like rabbit fur, and curly, curly, curly! Every time I pass a mirror, I’m startled, and then I smile, because I look so darn good. I wear a lot of black, so the gray really stands out—it looks very sophisticated; can you imagine? Me?? Sophisticated? Who knew?? I hope I get to keep it!

I had a wonderful surprise today! I got to see my friend E., who brought me a gift bag with goodies in it. I was told that one gift was to keep, and the other was to keep for as long as I need it, and then pass it along. I certainly don’t mind, but I had to ask. Why pass it along? The answer: Because that’s what friends are for. Ah. I get it now. Thank you.

 
Comments:
Hello, just checking in. Girl, when God made you, he didn't make any junk. You are a prize!!!!You may be too sophisticated though for me with the new "do". Never had a natural curl in my life!!Later, DS
 
Hi from Donald,

I'm a friend of your Dad and wanted you to know you're in my thoughts and I too have a different lung problem with asthma and 1/4 volume and stay on oxygen day to day. Hope you get this as I'm not sure of this setup.

God Bless,
donald walters
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger