Margaretsnews
Monday, March 05, 2007
 

It’s Monday! And what a much better day today is!

I was feeling rotten on Wednesday night and Thursday—I was very tired, was having trouble breathing and had lots of pain, which was something new--so I went to the doc, got a chest X-ray, & learned that I have fluid in my lung. Well, now that explains the pain, pressure, & coughing. The good doctor offered to aspirate the fluid, but that requires a big needle and my cooperation, so I passed on that. It’s possible that this fluid will just disappear in a week or so, so I’m taking that chance. And if it doesn’t, then I’ll go back and not look at Mr. Needle. In the meantime, it’s Motrin to the rescue again! You may want to buy stock. (I also have an itchy rash which may or may not be a reaction to the chemo. It seems kind of minor to mention it, but it came with the lung fluid. I doubt that they are related, but I could be wrong.)

I don’t yet know if I’ll get to keep this sassy short hair for this chemo go-round; that info will present itself to me later this week. Generally, on or about day 15 after the first chemo treatment is when the hair starts to fall out. That day will be on Friday. So next Monday, I may have this hair, or the blonde wig may make another appearance. It’ll be more of my favorite game, “wait and see”, since I haven’t played that enough here lately. Sheesh.

Today, this minute, I feel pretty good. The nausea seems to be abating, as is the extreme fatigue. I’m eating and working and resting, although there’s probably too much of one and not enough of the others. I am glad and grateful that y’all are here.

 
Comments:
Still here. Just checking up on you.
 
Just saying hi and you remain in my daily thoughts. You are a tough cookie and have the admiration of many. DS
 
Just a hi and let you know you remain in my thoughts daily. You have the admiration of many. You are a tough cookie!!!!DS
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger