Margaretsnews
Saturday, February 03, 2007
 
The results

I had the PET scan on Friday. My appointment was for 10:00, and I was back to work at noon. Just after 2 p.m., my surgeon called with the results of the scan. The news isn’t good, nor is it unexpected. The troublemaker spot on my liver is more cancer. Not a different kind; the lung cancer has metastasized into my liver, which means that surgery won’t heal me. It’s back to the oncologist for treatment.

On Friday, several people asked me if I had heard any results yet, and I just wasn’t ready to share that news; I hope they will forgive me. I felt like I had to absorb this new development, then inform my family before I shared it with everyone else.

I don’t know what my options are at this point. I called the oncologist late on Friday afternoon to get a first available appointment, but was not successful. I’ll call on Monday morning and start that ball rolling. Again.

I’m full of anger and disbelief. I followed the instructions. I ate. I rested. I made and attended the follow-up appointments. I was recovering. I was progressing well, everybody said so, so WHAT HAPPENED??

So many questions. So much frustration.
 
Comments:
Damn that Skippy. We are still here for you and always will be. You will never be alone.
 
You did nothing wrong, I can't remember though, is this A or B?

This is an enemy that takes extraordinary effort to beat. You have been there and won, you will win again and everyone who was here last month and last year is here today ready to help you into your battle gear.

Remember, Lance Armstrong had cancer that had metastasized to his liver and brain. He won that fight and so will you win this one. There is too much good here not to beat this rotten sumbich.

The fight in this dog is still enormous.
 
I haven't gotten to talk to you in quite a while, but please know that does not mean that I'm not thinking about you. You are often on my mind and in my prayers. I am always here to help and support you in any way I can. I love you and I'm with you! I pray that the Lord will give you peace, strength, and healing. Remember that He is bigger than any cancer!

Love you,
Molly

P.S. I don't think so, Skippy! Keep that positive attitude!
 
It's only repeating the obvious to say that you are one remarkable woman. I didn't read the "results" blog until this morning (Monday) after receiving your always cheerful greeting, big smile and seeing your new hair exposed at work for the first time :) ! And Friday afternoon you were just as great! I think most of us would admit that we would have been a mess! Skippy must feel that determination! You will get through this... and we are here for you. Ann
 
Hey sweetheart. You and I have been playing phone tag. I can't say a whole lot that won't already be said. All I offer is "I love you, my friend" Just remember that I am the one in charge of those "jellyfish" days. When you are ready to have one I will be right here. The Saint sends his love and prayers, too.
Deb
 
THis is too much for anyone...you are a strong, wonderful person. Hang in there - I'm mad, too. You did everything right...now this...darn!!!but, we can beat this - I told you - you are working here for a reason and I know you can win....we are all behind and beside you...keep fighting...you're one super lady....nancy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger