Margaretsnews
Friday, February 09, 2007
 
Friday's news

Yes, the doctor visit was yesterday. Yes, I went and took notes. Yes, I took a friend with me, who also took notes and heard what I heard. (Thank you, E.!)

The new plan is (drum roll, please!) more chemo. A different kind this time, since the last kind didn’t work as well as we’d hoped. It seems that I have choices this time: I can take Taxotere, or Alimta, or I can participate in a research study which will administer Taxotere, or Alimta, or Taxotere + Erbitux, or Alimta + Erbitux. All of those drugs are proven cancer-fighters; the research is to see which drug Erbitux works the best with.

We will start the new chemo regimen after I decide whether to participate in the research study. I’m thinking about it, and this weekend I will read the info the doctor gave me, and then I'll think some more. I’ll try not to hurt myself.

There will be no more radiation on my lung (had my limit!), and the liver doesn’t respond well to radiation, so that translates to no more radiation! Sort of a mixed blessing, really, because as awful as it was, it worked.

So, all in all, it’s good news. Y’all can relax now. I’m OK; just a bit ticked that I have to have MORE chemo, but also grateful that I can. These new chemo drugs have different side effects than the last ones, including, but not limited to: mouth and lip sores, bloating, loss of appetite, and of course, hair loss--so I'm really not looking forward to those. Maybe I'll get lucky & won't get hit too hard.

That's the scoop. Like I said, it's good news. Thanks for the good thoughts, and the prayers. I know that I'd be a raving lunatic by now if not for the good work that y'all do.
 
Comments:
So.

Mouth and lip sores.
Bloating.
Loss of Appetite.
Hare loss.

So.

How are we supposed to see the difference from what we normally see around here?

Say goodnight, Gracie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger