Margaretsnews
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
 
The Wednesday Update

I think it’s time for another update.

I got that pesky tooth fixed on Wednesday. I have an appointment for a CAT scan on Friday. I have an appointment for a consultation with the surgeon on Tuesday. I swear, I’m hitting doctors’ offices more often than the refrigerator these days!

The one place I'm not hitting is the radiation room. I just can’t tell you all how much I enjoy NOT taking radiation. It’s just amazing how good I felt once the beatings stopped! The burn on my back is healing very quickly; now it’s just pink and peeling. In a few weeks, it’ll be just a distant horrible memory. I can eat almost whatever I want to now; food that is spicy hurts a little, as well as drinks that are icy cold or steaming hot.

Although I’m not feeling exhausted by the radiation anymore, I am feeling somewhat tired from the stupid cancer. I still cough, especially when I’m overdoing. My throat is still sore, and I wake up many times during the night. I have trouble breathing when I walk too much, or too fast, or carry something. Then I have to slow down, or sometimes, stop completely. I have trouble breathing when I talk too much and then I just have to stop talking altogether. (You just know that everybody around me enjoys that!)

I’ve discovered that I sleep much better when I take a walk in the evenings, even though I have to walk slowly. The dog likes going with me; he doesn’t care how fast or slow we go, as long as he gets to sniff every shrub along the way.

Last week, I worked 2 full days (don’t tell E.!), and intend to work full days this week. So far, I don’t feel any more tired this week than when I was working half days. I’ve been cooking and laundering and shopping and doing just a (very) little cleaning. I figure that it’s time to get back to normal for a while, while I can, before the next phase of treatment knocks me flat again. Yes, the fun just never ends!

Thanks for being here. It’s good to be so well taken care of.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger