Margaretsnews
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
 
Phase III postponed

Another roadblock. %@*&^. Double *&%#@.

The CT scan I had January 19 showed 3 spots on my liver, so my doctor ordered an MRI, which I had on Sunday. Two of those spots are nothing, they’re just spots. The third one is a troublemaker; we just don’t know what kind yet. To figure it out, a PET scan is in order. Well, my insurance company requires a 48-hour pre-approval period before allowing a PET scan. In 48 hours, I have surgery scheduled. My surgeon won’t perform the surgery without the PET scan because he wants to know two things: 1) if the spot is harmless, or 2) if it’s the cancer metastasizing into my liver. If it’s the former, we have no problem at all. If it’s the latter, then surgery is not our first option anyway. And so, since we don’t have 48 hours before surgery for the PET scan, the surgery has been cancelled. The PET scan is now scheduled for Friday morning. What we do next depends on what the scan shows. Once again, it’s a “wait and see” situation, the kind that frustrates and aggravates me the most.

Am I anxious? You bet. I'm annoyed that I was ready for this surgery and now we have to stop it. This is the 2nd time we've NOT done the surgery. (Check July 28 blog entry.) For good reason, I have to say, but still, I was emotionally ready for this, and now I have to re-group and wait. ^%#*&.

I am also very grateful to have a surgeon who is willing to check and double check when he’s suspicious of a situation. He’s been right on target every time, and as annoyed as I am to have yet another IV test, I’m glad that he doesn’t want to operate unnecessarily.

So, no surgery on Thursday, and PET scan on Friday, and men in the white coats on Saturday with a special coat for me….

At this point, I’m much calmer than I was earlier. This morning I was ready to seriously hurt people, whereas now I just want to poke them with a stick. Repeatedly.

Stay tuned.
 
Comments:
It's me after a long absence from your blog... Ya know I have been caught up in other things. Why didn't you tell me they found a spot. We here at the leg never knew. I gotta read your blog to find anything out about you. lol Remember if there is anything I can do let me know. And don't forget our "date".
hahaha
 
Gillian says...I agree with your expletives and support your expletiveness wholeheartedly. Just keep taking those next steps though and remember all of us cheering fans out here . "Wait and see" situations are the worst but at least you can leave it up to the experts and focus on taking care of you...I know I don't write much but I am thinking of you anyway
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger