Margaretsnews
Friday, January 19, 2007
 
It's Friday!

I went back to the dentist today--my temporary crown fell off and it had to be replaced. It was his day off, but he insisted that I come right in to the office. He was afraid that I'd glue the crown back on with superglue. Can't imagine where he got that idea.

Got the CAT scan today also, and while I was waiting, I saw a Reader’s Digest sitting on the table. The article that caught my eye was “Doctors Gamble with Your Life”. Yup, same article I saw way back in July. I read it again; my doctors were not mentioned--a good omen! The CAT scan is the one where I drink the 2 bottles of contrast liquid --apple flavor this time and not too bad--and have the IV contrast dye injected. The whole procedure took about 15 minutes. The results will be put on a CD and delivered to the surgeon.

I spoke with my surgeon very briefly today, and I get to meet with him on Tuesday to finalize the surgery plans. All of the chemo and radiation were in preparation for surgery, so there really is not much to discuss with Dr. White, except the when and where. Once I get details, I'll post them so we'll all know. As usual, I don't want to do this part. My life is finally getting back to the usual rythmn, and I hate to disrupt it again. I've had surgery before and it's no picnic. There are still lots of unknowns and still no guarantees. Once again, I'm getting ahead of myself, and dreading the event before I even have details about it. Geez.

And then Phase III will begin. I'll need for y'all to hold my hand again.
 
Comments:
Haven't stopped holding, good Woman
 
I am amazed at your bravery but not surprised. You are one tough cookie! You are so admired and loved. I hope the days ahead will continue to reveal sun rays for you. It's apparent, by your postings, that you are truly enjoying yourself. I, for one, am over-joyed at hearing/reading your progress!.............camille
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger