Margaretsnews
Thursday, December 14, 2006
 
Thursday

Yes, I know it’s been days since I’ve posted anything. I've been busy. I've been working and resting and eating and sleeping. Sometimes I do laundry. I cooked dinner one day this week. I even washed some dishes that same day. I took the dog for a walk 2 days in a row. See? Busy, I tell you!

Let me tell you about Happy Juice Monday. Oh, that was a fiasco. If it hadn’t been happening to me, it would have been funny. Or maybe not. Seems that the radiation and chemo departments were running late that day (I had appointments in both areas), my chart had been lost, I had to get stuck twice for the chemo IV, and I was there for over 4 hours for what should have taken about 2 ½. And I was starving. I left there ready to pull out someone else’s hair. (Not mine; it's just now coming back!)

Today I visited with the doctor and learned how much radiation I’ll be getting for the last few treatments. As it turns out, I have 11 more treatments with the same dose of radiation. The good part is that the angle will change slightly, so maybe in a few days, my esophagus won't be quite so irritated and I can eat something good. Like a cookie. Or have a cup of coffee.

On the plus side, I’ve been eating a little real food these days and boy, it is good to chew something again! Meat still hurts a lot to swallow, but if I chew it enough, sometimes it’s tolerable. Veggies are easier than meat, but fruits are still on the “no way, Jack” list. Peanut butter is also a big fat no-no, as is cough syrup, fruit juice, coffee, and spicy food. Soft food is still the easiest, so I eat that the most, but I sure am getting tired of it. I did try the baby food – yams burn like fire going down, so do carrots, and the chicken noodle dinner. The first ingredient of baby food “entrées” seems to be carrots, so I won’t be eating the macaroni and beef, or the turkey with rice and vegetables. The corn casserole was pretty tasty, though. I may eat more of that. (Hey, it’s a nice change from vanilla pudding!)

Thanks for being here. This game is getting a little old, but I gotta play for a while longer. I'm glad I have y'all for my teammates.
 
Comments:
Since you seem to feeling very chipper these days, fuzzy hare and all...

Here is a little something different to try.

It's an amusing diversion if you are seriously depraved, and everyone knows the truth about you. Basically the idea is that during any conversation, you randomly add air quotes, you know, the bunny ears sign you make with your fingers, to one or more of the words you say. Note that if you overuse it, it rapidly becomes very unfunny. Less is more here.

For example, we're at breakfast and somebody's spilled some milk. Which is funnier?

Dude, you spilled some milk!
Dude, you spilled some "milk"!

A sufficiently deranged imagination will instantly recognise the limitless possibilities. A useful variant on this theme is to add the words "...metaphorically speaking" to the end of any sentence you say. This one is actually my favorite.

Well, have a nice day. I'm off to eBay to sell some of my homemade "toys" for "children" ..."metaphorically speaking."
 
Keep hanging in there girl!!! You have come a very long way in a short timeframe. You are amazing and we are behind you (pushing you), beside you and yes, in front of you (pulling you) with this "C". We all love you....and you are still looking great....nb
 
Best wishes for the holidays - you've been in my prayers, and will continue to be!

Diane (TT or maybe I'll be EcoCherryBomb at the new B&G!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger