Margaretsnews
Saturday, December 02, 2006
 
Saturday


The days are really getting harder now, and I’ve decided that I’m going to be working partial days for a while. I don’t want to, but working full days is wearing me out. I need to rest up so I can go to work the next day. This fatigue really ticks me off, to say the least. I can do one or two little things and then I have to sit and rest. And I can’t even work up a good snit over it, because I don’t have the energy to do so. #@*^&.

I’ve discovered that I don’t feel bad from the cancer anymore, which is very good news. However, I feel rotten from the treatments --how ironic is that?? It’s funny (and you know I don’t mean ha-ha) that the treatments that make me well also make me feel like wet dog food with flies. And I understand that it’s going to snowball from here. Get ready for some serious whining.

I’ve gotten some medicine (good drugs!) to help with the painful swallowing, and the lump-like sensation just beside my spine. The funny thing that happened was when I first took that medicine, that I just took a teaspoonful, and drank it. Suddenly, my entire mouth, tongue, and back of my throat were numb. I couldn’t feel anything, couldn’t taste anything, and dinner was being served. Great. (Y’all know how much I hate to miss a meal!) Luckily, it didn’t last too long, the numbness went away, and I enjoyed my dinner.

Speaking of dinner, yes, I’m eating. Not a lot, but I’m eating. I’ve found that room-temperature food hurts the least to swallow, small sips using a straw hurts less than a drink from a glass, and that multi-vitamins are darn near impossible to get down. I also feel full sooner, which means I’m generally eating less at one sitting. But because I’m eating less, I get hungry more often, so I get to snack more. It evens out. (Come to think of it, I haven’t had dark chocolate in days. Oh, that just can’t be right, can it?)

Thanks for being here. It’s a comfort to know that my cheering squad is right here, surrounding me with happy thoughts and good wishes.
 
Comments:
Sounds like they gave you the same thing my doctor gave me last month when I had a bad cold with sore throat -- lidocaine viscous? Great stuff. I would have gulped it down too, except the doctor warned me not to, especially if I was planning to eat anytime soon.

So pamper yourself, ok? Rediscover the joy of soft food. Buy some Instant Breakfast and mix it up into a shake. Get some of those little pudding cups. Applesauce. Mashed bananas. Strained carrots. Pureed peas. Gerber has an entire line. Ok, maybe not.

Seriously, you want me to make up a batch of chicken soup for you? You know I'll do it. Let me know.

Hang tough, girl. I've got faith in you.

bw
 
You are really something, girl. You're tough...what else can I say. If you need soft food, I'll try and find some good stuff for you...Do you have a blender to puree your food? That would not be a bad idea. Hang in there...we are here for you...I think and pray for you often....nancy
 
It's me , sweetie....still here. Been thinking about you. Hang tough. The Saint and i are in your corner. Holler when you need us.
Love,
D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger