Margaretsnews
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
 
Random thoughts and good news

No news today, there's just some things running through what's left of my mind. Here's my status on:

Medicine: It seems that every medicine I took made a problem that it took another medicine to fix, so I quit taking them. All I take is children’s ibuprofen. It’s a wonder drug, no doubt. Tastes awful, but keeps me reasonably pain free, and for some reason, stops my runny nose and cough.

Working: Yes, if I can get out of bed, I go to work. It’s part of not letting the beast win. I work half a day, say good bye to my co-workers, and come home and rest for the remainder of the day.

Rest: I spend considerable time on the couch, and in a chair. Some days I am very tired, other days, I’m just “regular” tired. I go to bed around 9 p.m., and rarely sleep through the night. I stay in bed, though; there’s a good chance that if I’m lying down, I’ll go back to sleep. And I usually do.

Being tired: I’m always tired, just varying degrees of what is tolerable. I can sit for hours and be Ok, but standing or walking around just wipes me out. When I’ve been moving around too much, I start to cough. Likewise, when I’ve been talking too much, I start to lose my breath while talking. That happens a lot.

Housework: I try to get one thing done per day, and most days that works pretty well. I can manage to do a load of laundry every couple of days, I load the dishwasher now and then, and once in a while I vacuum. But not often. My boys help out considerably, although sometimes I have to catch them first. I have a neighbor who cleans my kitchen and bathrooms on a regular basis, and that makes me happy.

I have good news!

The good news: My hair is coming back nicely.
The bad news: So is my mustache.

The good news: My taste buds are coming back.
The bad news: I can eat only soft, bland, room temperature foods.

The good news: I don’t feel bad from the cancer anymore!
The bad news: The treatments may very well kill me.

The good news: The boys are doing more of the cleaning.
The bad news: It’s better than mine.

The good news: I’m finally at a weight that I really like.
The bad news: It’s only temporary.

The good news: Today is my last chemo until after surgery!
The bad news: I still get chemo after surgery.

The good news: My support system is alive and well.
The bad news: I can’t thank them enough for all they do for me.
 
Comments:
Dear Margaret, here we are thru Christmas already and approaching very rapidly the New Year. As 2007 arrives I pray that your treatments will have proved to be the elimination of the evil invaders of your body, not only the cancer but the drugs, radiation and surgery required to eradicate it. You are so very often in my thoughts and prayers, I quess in some way I hope that such is helpful to you. I am always anxious to hear good news from you! I hope that the new year will be filled with good progress, soon to be good health, renewed energy, and continued good housekeeping skills by the boys! Margaret, you are so loved by many and your recovery is utmost in all our thoughts. Love, Barbara
 
Dear Margaret -
AMEN to all Barbara said - she covered it all -
Love, Jo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger