Margaretsnews
Thursday, December 07, 2006
 
A better day

Oh, what a difference a day makes!

Wednesday I was feeling pretty bad. I went to work for half the day, and was just exhausted when I left. My head hurt, my throat hurt, my back hurt where the radiation burn is (it’s about 6 or 7 inches long, 4 or 5 inches wide, oval shaped), and I was just beat. Once I came home after radiation and had a nap, I was a bit better, but still tired. Theresa came over with food to try; and by golly, I tried most of it. It turns out that while rice pudding tastes awesome, it hurts the most. Mashed potatoes are also a no-no. Cream of mushroom soup works, but the chocolate pudding doesn’t. Along with other goodies, she also brought me some Jell-o. Jell-o still goes down easy, as long as I take tiny bites. I know that I can’t survive on Jell-o and pudding, so I bought some baby food to eat. I haven’t tried it yet, but I will, and will let y’all know how yummy it is. Wednesday night, I took some liquid ibuprofen (tastes awful, but it works great!) and ate some vanilla pudding and went to bed. I slept most of the night, not waking up until morning. Just sleeping the entire night made a huge difference; I didn’t wake up in pain even once. It makes for a much better day.

It was suggested to me that I take Thursday off, and I decided to go ahead and stay home and rest. And I did. And I rested and snacked all day long and felt pretty darn good. Still fatigued, but not unbearably so.

I got good news at the radiologist, too! I have only 11 more treatments, and on Tuesday or Wednesday, the amount of radiation will change to a lesser amount. This means that while I won’t be feeling energetic, I won’t be much more tired than I currently am. This also means that the treatments are progressing as predicted, no surprises or detours here. It’s a satisfying feeling to know that all this misery has not been in vain, and I am grateful to know that I am making progress.

I’m also grateful to have y’all here with me. The comments on the blog, the cards, letters, and emails I get keep me encouraged and hopeful. Thanks.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger