Margaretsnews
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
 
Wednesday's news

Yesterday was the day of the tattooing. And as usual, my fears were bigger than the event. (When will I learn?) I was expecting giant, disfiguring, glaring spots, about as big as a pencil eraser. What I got was a teeny, tiny, miniscule, barely-there dot, not quite this big: . Exactly what the technicians promised me, but hey, I’ve been promised things before and, well, I’m a little cynical. I have five of those teeny little dots, one on each side and 3 in the middle. They are there as guidelines for the radiologist so he (or she) can aim the zapper in exactly the right spot. We don’t want to “almost” hit the tumor, we want to smack it right in its ugly face.

That procedure started today, which I wasn’t expecting. I thought we were going to start it all on Monday—you know, new week, new procedures—but there I was, thinking again. I have to stop that. The radiation part wasn't bad at all. I just laid on the table while the zapper made buzzing and humming noises, and it was over in 5 minutes. I’ll get radiation every weekday afternoon for 6 weeks. The chemo will be done on Mondays (at least that’s what I think will happen; I’m probably wrong on that, too).

So this new adventure has begun. I wasn’t quite ready for it, but it’s here anyway; sort of like how my 40th birthday snuck up on me years ago, and that turned out to be OK. I am so grateful to have a workplace that is so very supportive of my time out, which has been and will be considerable. I am also grateful for my support groups, friends, and family, who listen to me whine in person and in print. And there are a couple of you who talk me off the ledge on a regular basis, and once I’m down, give me a smack to the back of the head. Yeah, I’m grateful to you, too.
 
Comments:
Hi Margaret!

I just want to say thanks for sharing and being yourself. You are truly incredible. I am amazed at how you can make me smile when you describe all your experiences. I am praying the zapper is right on target!

Love,

Marni
 
For those of you that don't see Margaret regularly, I wish you could... She looks great! Bright smile, pleasant greeting and always wonderful attitude. She is amazing! Because she's human I know she has times when this and everything else life dishes up seem like TOO much to deal with. Unlike me, she smiles right through it. God love you. Ann.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger