Margaretsnews
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
 
Wednesday

Bad news: The aforewarned sore throat is here, along with the ache when I swallow, and the painful burping after ingesting anything. All caused by radiation. My friend E. said that radiation is evil, and she is right. It doesn’t hurt, it’s not loud, there are no bright lights, but it sure does put me down. I know it’s all temporary, which is what I have to focus on instead of the discomfort. (You know, like a migraine has discomfort.)


More bad news: last night, I ordered a take-out of my favorite Chinese dish from my favorite Chinese restaurant, and I enjoyed the aroma all the way home. Once home, I got out the plates and the bowls, drooling the whole time. My son and I ate the soup. YUM. Wonderful stuff. And then it was time for the main event. I put the rice on my plate, snuck a bite of the meat, ready for that sweet and hot tang and ….. ewww. Huh?? It wasn’t good. So I took another bite, thinking that maybe it was just that first one that wasn’t so good. Nope, the second bite was also not good. So, I offered some to my son, who happily took a big bite and decided that ol’ Mom really shouldn’t eat any more of that, and that he’d be doing me a huge favor if he ate it, since it was so awful and all, as he was chewing faster and faster, having a few more bites. I wrestled it back from him, stirred it up a little, and took one more bite, and waited for the taste buds to acknowledge my favorite Chinese dish. Nope. They decided that dinner would be a few bites of fried rice, and then a cup of hot chocolate. I hope my son enjoyed my dinner.

However, there is good news! My mysterious Skippy bracelet buddies (they know who they are, and I don’t) got together and decided to help me in a very thoughtful way. Imagine my surprise to receive that gift! To all of you, I say thank you. Please know that I am very, very grateful, and appreciate your kindness and generosity.

More good news! My co-workers, angels that they are, also got together and purchased several gift cards to local restaurants. Now on those nights when no one will be cooking, someone can go and get a tasty meal. There are also gift cards to a grocery store, so when I need to send someone out for 1 thing or a whole list, I won’t have to worry about having cash on hand.

The days are getting harder, and I can feel many hands taking care of me. Thanks for being here.
 
Comments:
This is where you decide just how tough you really are.

The ride in has been many things: Nice breeze coming in the windows, Nice view of the countryside, Smooth, Not as hot as Summer, Full of wonder, Questions asked and answered, Questions not asked, Rising level of apprehension, A little fear, A lot of determination.

We are setting up to land - the grass is blowing in the downdraft - just a little longer and the fight really begins.

Make certain - CERTAIN - you stay nourished. If you have to use a funnel with a pipe on it do so but don't let this monster make you believe him. His whole goal is to convince you to not nourish. That makes him stronger and you weaker.

I am not ready for you to be sick.
 
A couple of questions for you since you have lots of time (over 40 more years to go) to ponder such things:

I wonder if a person who crosses the ocean twice without a shower is a dirty double crosser.

I wonder why there is an expiration date on sour cream.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger