Margaretsnews
Sunday, November 26, 2006
 
Sunday

It’s been a very good weekend. I had forgotten how it feels to feel good. I’ve had 4 days of no chemo and no radiation, and boy, could I get used to this! Despite the slight fatigue, a little breathlessness, and the periodic shooting pain in my jaw, I feel pretty darn good today. And I’m going to enjoy it, too, because tomorrow it’s back to the routine of Chemo Monday, and radiation every weekday. Yeah, I can’t wait.

I’m having the aforewarned discomfort when I swallow. My throat doesn’t hurt (yet), but when I swallow anything, it feels like it’s too big to get down. Just a little ache every time I swallow. I’m trying to remember to take small bites, chew the food longer, and swallow slowly. I don’t even know if that helps, but I guess it can’t hurt. I also have indigestion, thanks to the radiation. No matter what I eat, I burp for hours afterward, and it hurts. (My apologies if this is too much info!) My doctor advised that I take liquid antacids with simethicone, (like Mylanta or Maalox), and that helps some. It seems that every treatment that makes me well has a side effect that needs its own treatment. Sheesh. I’m glad that this is a temporary place.

Thanks for being here. The friends, co-workers, family members, and everyone else who is here is helping me through this journey. I’m grateful to all who have held my hand, pulled me up, and carried me through the dark days. I stay strong because y’all do.
 
Comments:
Dear Margaret,

It's Monday morning and I'm thinking of you and the "one-two punch" you'll be getting today. All I can say is that each day you go is one day closer to the last day you'll have to have a treatment - and I'm sure that can't be soon enough!

Remember not to push yourself too hard. If you're tired you must give into it and rest - your body is telling you it needs to save its strength for tomorrow and the next treatment.

Keep in mind what a great fighter you are - between the doctors and your spirit Skippy doesn't have a chance!

Love,
Jo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger