Margaretsnews
Saturday, November 18, 2006
 
Saturday

Today was a rough day. I had chemo on Monday, and radiation all week long, and boy, today it caught up with me. I went to bed last night with no Aleve (completely by accident), and slept reasonably well without it. However, I woke up in pain and very lethargic and stayed in bed until after 9:00 this morning, just resting and dozing. I won’t forget the Aleve again; it keeps me nearly pain-free all night and for a little while in the morning until that first dose of Motrin kicks in.

All day long the housework has been calling me, but I’ve been ignoring it. The laundry is calling me, too, but I can’t ignore that. I mean, how hard is it to load the washer and then, 60 minutes later, the dryer? I can do that much. And that may be all I do today. I’ve had 7 out of 30 radiation treatments. I hope I survive the rest! It’s funny (and by now you know that I don’t mean “humorous”) how a little 3-minute zap can wear out a human body. All I want to do after work is sit and rest. All I want to do at night is sit and rest. All I want to do on the weekend is sit and rest. I often play cards on the computer, with one eye on the TV, because those things don’t require much concentration or energy. I can see that I’ll be leaning on others for help quite a bit in this phase of treatment, simply because I can’t do the things that need doing. (That may kill me as well!)

On the plus side, I don’t have the trouble eating (yet) that was predicted. Oh, I’m sure it’s coming—everything predicted has—but so far I don’t have trouble swallowing. And that’s a good thing, too, because I need my daily chocolate allowance. Hey, when I’m too sick for chocolate, then I’m really sick!

Thanks for being here. Misery truly does love company!
 
Comments:
"...because I need my daily chocolate allowance. Hey, when I’m too sick for chocolate, then I’m really sick!"

AMEN!!!!

Hope you'll be feeling like chocolate every day from now until you're 95!

Know that I'm praying for you, and I'm ready to help in any way that I can. Just let me know what you need me to do!

Love you,
Molly
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger