Margaretsnews
Monday, November 06, 2006
 
Monday, Monday

Once again, I have not posted in a few days because there’s nothing new going on. Tomorrow, I’ll get my tattoos that will show the radiologist where to aim the zapper next week. I’m not looking forward to that—did y’all know that they use NEEDLES to tattoo people?? Ouch.

More ouch: In the beginning, LOTS of people came to me with good stories of cancer and chemo, which I appreciated very much. All were stories of successful treatments, and long survivals, which kept me hopeful for my own success. (Yes, it’s all about me.) I have noticed that this time, however, there are NO stories of chemo and radiation coming my way. I don’t know if people have shared all they have, or if they know stuff that they’d rather not share because it may not be as encouraging. My doctors told me that this will be different from just chemo; and that I may get (that’s doctorspeak for “get ready for”) a very sore throat, may have trouble swallowing, may not want to eat because of the first 2 things, and suck it up, you big sissy, and eat anyway.

Speaking of eating, I had a wonderful friend bring dinner to me on Friday night. The dinner was everything it was touted to be; tasty and plentiful. But the BEST thing was the compliment I got as the delivery was made. Thank you C., I’ll float on that for weeks. Apparently, blondes really do have more fun, and if I EVER get hair again, I’m gonna color it blonde. (Wait about 6 months, then invest in stock in Clairol. And if this counts as insider trading, then I’m just kidding.)

I feel like this is the calm before yet another storm, and I’m getting ready. I can feel everyone else getting ready, too, to help me with whatever I need to get through this next phase. I don’t know exactly what to expect, but I know I can count on all of you to pull me up and carry me if I can’t carry myself. That, in itself, is calming. Thanks for being here.
 
Comments:
Yes, you will do well with this schedule. We all know how strong you are and how determined you are to do things for yourself. Any of us will be glad to help, just let us know. Thanks for the update and just hang in there. After this is over, I'll make an appointment and make sure you are a blonde with short hair. Call or let us know what's happening. The radiation might give you more of a tan...who knows. Hang in there, girl. We all care...nancy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger