Margaretsnews
Thursday, November 23, 2006
 
Happy Thanksgiving!

I had an interesting email this morning. A wonderful friend sent me Thanksgiving greetings, and it got me to thinking of how much I truly have to be thankful for. There's a lot. Get comfy.

I'm thankful for pain. (Huh?) Yes. Pain is an indication that something is wrong. Without pain, we'd never know the extent of an injury, or the severity of a sickness.

I'm thankful for modern medicine. And good drugs.

I'm thankful for nice-looking doctors. (Hey, I'm sick, not dead!)

I'm thankful for nurses, technicians, and medical assistants. They do a lot of legwork without a lot of recognition, and they often go above and beyond the usual expectations.

I'm thankful to be employed at my job. The people there are awesome. They are caring, supportive, funny, and they adopted me before I knew it.

I'm grateful for my kids. They have really stepped up since I've been sick and have done everthing I've asked, and they have not let me down once. J., you can be proud of your boys.

I'm grateful for Mom's sausage and celery stuffing, which I will eat too much of later today.

I'm grateful for Dad's generosity. I haven't had a request turned down yet.

I'm thankful for our military. They are doing the job the rest of us don't want to do.

I'm thankful for Thanksgiving parades that I can watch on TV.

I'm thankful for those people who take care of me.

I'm thankful for my big, ol' lazy dog. If not for him, I'd never go for a walk and enjoy my neighborhood. He's ready any time, and will walk as long and as far as I do, and he never complains about the heat or the cold.

I'm grateful for a car that runs, a house with heat and food, enough money to pay the bills, and affordable makeup.

And I am grateful for those who keep me inspired. Thank you.

I hope your Thanksgiving Day is filled with the people and things that you love the best.
 
Comments:
I am very proud of them and you for the courage you are showing
J
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger