Margaretsnews
Monday, November 20, 2006
 
Answers

I’m getting questions again, so it’s time for the answers. Here goes.

1. Yes, I’m working. Full days most of the time, with time off for Happy Juice Monday. I don’t know how long I’ll be able to work full days, but you can bet the rent that I’ll work as long as I can. Part of this battle is not letting the beast win.

2. No, there’s been no nausea. None. Zero. Not even for a minute. I get good anti-nausea drugs (which I get in IV form) along with my chemo, and more by pill if I need it.

3. Yes, I’m eating. As of today, I don’t have trouble swallowing and my throat is not sore enough to keep me from food. I understand that that may change, and if it does, I’ll deal with it then. I’ll be in mourning if I can’t eat chocolate!

4. No, I don’t feel as good as I’d like to. The wig, the makeup, and the Motrin are all tools that I use to trick myself into feeling better. The “fake it ‘til you make it” mentality is alive and well. On the other hand, I don’t feel terrible, either, and certainly much, MUCH better than I did 6 months ago.

5. Yes, I’m letting some things slide. Some things are just not getting done and some things I’m asking others to do. I figure that if lots of people can do just one thing, then it’ll all get done, and my house will remain upright, clean-ish, and well-stocked.

6. No, keeping the blog is not a problem. It’s a good record for me, and a good way to keep others informed of events. I know some people want to talk to me to see for themselves, and what they get is my short-of-breath voice, telling them that yes, I am OK. (Talking on the phone is still hard.)

7. Yes, my kids are OK. They don’t ask many questions, so I keep them informed of what’s going on constantly. I’m leaning on them more and more for help—it’s a win-win since they are learning to cook (better), and launder (more often), and clean (when I can catch them).

8. No, I don’t know exactly when the surgery is. I have 5 more weeks of radiation (with time off for holidays), and then I get to rest up for a few weeks before Dr. White can do his work.

9. Yes, I have bad days. There are days when my throat, jaw, ear, and head hurt, I cough a lot, I have no energy, and I just want to stay home and be poor little me. And then I think that I’ll be damned if I’ll give the beast a toehold on this day. Repeat after me: I don’t think so, Skippy.
 
Comments:
The last time I had to "repeat after me" there was a very bad person beating a stick on the bucket that was handle-side down over my little bald (like yours) head. The "repeat after me" part I cannot "repeat" here but it had to do with my lack of parents, lack of intelligence, and lack of any human qualities at all. Oh, and that little lesson in humility happened 40 years ago today - plus or minus a few weeks.

So, I will repeat after you only if you promise to not hit me on the bucket with a stick while I am wearing the bucket: "I don't think so, Skippy."

Whew! That wasn't so bad after all.

Say goodnight, Gracie.

Oh, and Margaret?

You missed.

Ha
 
Margaret, I just sent you an email that was returned to me (bellsouth.net). Do you have a new address?

If so, could you fire off a "hello" to me so that I can note the correct address? Sue Harley (still using RR)
 
I don't think so, Skippy... Ann
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger