Margaretsnews
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
 
Tuesday's news

There are days when I take 2 steps forward and then one step back. This is one of those days. Today, I’m having a hard time breathing. In the summer, I had trouble breathing when I went from inside air-conditioned dry air to outside humid hot air, but since the weather has changed, I haven’t had much trouble until now. I’m coughing more, and I feel pressure in my chest; like someone is pushing on it. I don’t feel bad, really, I just can’t breathe easily and can't stop this coughing. Usually when I cough, it means that I’m walking too fast OR that I’m talking too much. (Yeah, yeah, y’all have fun with that….) Today, I’m not walking nor talking any more than usual, so I don’t know why this cough is so persistent. I don’t recall this happening in the past during the week prior to a treatment, but maybe it did. I’m thinking that ol’ Skippy hasn’t been juiced lately, and is getting comfy, making me miserable in the process. Oh, it’s not going to work for long, since chemo day is Friday and Skippy will get a blast of killer juice, but he doesn’t know that. Hehe. Not that I’m looking forward to Friday at all, but it does tend to give Skippy a good kick.

During this week I’m preparing for chemo week. I’ll be catching up with laundry, cleaning, cooking, shopping & bill-paying. I have had lots of people offering to do all of those things for me, but those are things I really need to do myself. And if I do them myself, I’m doing something instead of sitting and waiting. (I don’t sit and wait very well—is anyone surprised?) Then, next week when I feel like the bottom of the bird cage, I won’t have to think about what needs to be done. My focus will be eating and sleeping, just like my ol’ lazy dog. What a life, huh?

Thanks for being here.
 
Comments:
I've read about half your blogs and find you to be so positive in those ones. I'm looking forward to reading the remainder another time.
Quite inspiring.....you make me feel that I should stop complaining about things trivial.
Keep on posting!
 
One would think after reading this entry in the History of the Skippy War that our Margaret would look like a warmed over bowl of brussel sprouts or old paint.

Attention READERS: She looks like a million bucks! Her skin is radiant, her eyes are the brightest blue, and she has that evil grin that shows us she is up to no good. No way skippy gets to have the upper hand.

Some of you might not know it but our beautiful girl is very fortunate indeed. Her war is proceding apace and skippy is oh fer so far and the dragon guarding her enchanted castle told me she is one of the easier tasks he has had in the past several millenia.

I have been a lot of things in my life, some good, some not. I have to say for the record, one thing I am very glad I am not is skippy.

Say goodnight, Gracie.
 
Margaret, what can anyone that knows you personally say - you're a strong - positive person. You're right - Skippy will not win this one....thanks for all you write, it makes me glad you work with us...remember to let me know if I can help you with anything...keep doing what you are doing - it's working...n
 
Dear Margaret -

I'm guess you know how everyone is thinking about you and what the next few days will be like yet again. I'm hoping you can feel our combined wishes and prayers and know you have a soft place to fall.

I'm also hoping that you get a craving and that the next 96 hours go by quickly.

The good news is you've done this before and you know you can do it again; the bad news is you've done this before and you know what's coming.

But you are Margaret the Great so let's just go with the good news and tomorrow you go and kick that Skippy again and again and again!!!

Love, Jo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger