Margaretsnews
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
 
Tuesday's news


Here's the prologue for the next chapter.

On Wednesday, I get both a PET scan and a CT scan—oh, happy day. I was not sure we could do both of those on the same day, since they are both IV procedures (using different kinds of “juice”), but yes, as long as the PET scan comes first. Of course, there’s the fasting after midnight deal, which is not a problem at all. (Who eats after midnight, anyway?) The hard part will be trying to squeeze in a little lunch between the two procedures. The PET scan will last about 3 hours, and then I can eat something light (and quickly) before the CT scan.

My instructions say not to eat for 2 hours before the CT scan. I can do that (and especially if the PET scan runs late!). Then I get to drink one container of contrast liquid 2 hours before, and then drink another container of contrast liquid 1 hour before the CT scan. And no food after starting the liquid, of course. How am I going to get my daily chocolate allowance in? Medical procedures… sheesh!

The next thing will be to have a consultation with the radiologist to determine how much radiation I get for the tumor in my lung. That will be determined by what the CT results show. You know how it goes: First you take the test, then you get the grade.

I was thinking that I'd be getting a little time off after this last treatment, but, once again, there I was, thinking again. I should'a known better!

Thanks for being here. I'm going to feel like a pincushion tomorrow, and it helps to know that y'all are here, feeling my pain. Or at least listening to me whine about it.
 
Comments:
I'll keep you in my prayers tomorrow. I hope you make a "good grade" and pretty pictures! I'm so proud of you. You get an "A" in my book. You are an incredible lady! I will always admire your strength, determination, and your wonderful, warm sense of humor that carries you through and endears everyone to you.

Love you!

Molly
 
Again, you know exactly how to word what is happening and have that humor in it. You should write a book - I'll be glad to read it. Your attitude continues to astound me. Thank you for being so honest with what your body is going through and writing so that all of us can keep up with you. You continue to be in our prayers and thoughts. Just write what you need and I'm sure someone will get it to you..."Skippy" is definitely on his way out....nancy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger