Margaretsnews
Monday, October 16, 2006
 
Monday's news

The previous post was fun to write, and mostly accurate. I wrote that a few days prior to my treatment, and it’s a good thing, too, because I was really, really dreading getting all juiced up. I didn’t want to go at all; I didn’t want to get my blood drawn, and I didn’t want to get stuck with an IV line and be inside for the entire day. I was having a very hard time being cheerful and optimistic, and if I’d written what I was feeling then, I’d have been just a big, ol’ whiny baby. As it turned out, the day wasn’t all that bad. The doctor had no bad news for me, the nurses were sweet and caring, as always, and my ride home was right on time.

The shot on Saturday went well, although I was dreading that as well. Last time, the shot hurt, the medicine hurt, and the injection site was sore all day. It was an awful time. I didn’t want to go through that again, although I knew I had to. I know that the medicine helps me, but it hurts—the shot hurts and the medicine makes my bones hurt. This time, however, the needle went right in, medicine went in, no pain, no redness, all is well. I was so relieved!! My bones are achy for the last time—YEEHAA!!

The next item on the agenda is a PET scan and a CT scan, to check on the tumor in my lung and the cancer in the lymph nodes. And then we’ll know what we’re dealing with and can schedule the next round of chemo with radiation. Surgery is still on the agenda, with a chemo chaser. I swear, I don’t think I’ll ever have hair again!

Thanks to all of you for being here for me. I still get meals, cards, emails and happy thoughts, all of which I appreciate. I am so grateful and astounded at the amount of support; I need every bit. Whatever I need is and has been provided, quickly, easily, and cheerfully. Thank you.
 
Comments:
Hi Margaret-

I guess Friday the 13th was good for you. I'm so glad everything seemed to go easier this time, easier being a relative term...nothing about any of this is easy. Wait let me make a correction, it's easy to be nice to the nice and you have always been nice.

Nice and funny, nice and helpful, nice and caring, nice and cheerful, nice and brave, nice and amazing, etc. you get the picture.

Speaking of pictures, when are you scheduled to have the scans done and when will you know the results?

Hoping you get some real good cravings soon and hoping to see you when you do.

Love, Jo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger