Margaretsnews
Friday, October 27, 2006
 
Adjusting the attitude

I'm getting ready to start Phase II of my treatments, which I knew was coming, and which I knew would help me, and which I am NOT looking forward to at all. I understand that chemo+ radiation is rough; tough nuggets, gotta go anyway.

I'm currently trying to adjust my attitude to be open to the new treatments--I'll probably go dark for a day or so and get my mind right, then come back ready to accept and work with the new situation. If I seem to be depressed, I'm not; I'm getting into battle mode again. I don't yet have all the information I need to get ready, but I have 2 appointments early next week that will get me informed. I'll be sure to post what I learn so we'll all know. Knowledge is power, right?

So don’t worry, y’all. I’m OK. I’m just looking for my shield, sword, and helmet right now. When I find them, I’ll be ready.

Keep sending good vibes my way, ‘k? I don’t know what I would do without y’all here to catch me. Thank you.
 
Comments:
You have the heart of a warrior
 
Dear Margaret -

Your attitude is exactly what it should be - it's Skippy that needs an attitude adjustment!! You will show him a warrior the likes of which he has never known.

How do I know this? Because you have shown it. Don't (not even for a nano second) doubt what you can do.

And our hearts and prayers are with you,

Love, Jo
 
Margaret, the unknown is always scary (an appropriately descriptive word the day before Halloween), but I have faith in you. Your courage and attitude have truly astounded me all along this journey of Yours, Skippy and those who love you so. Thanks for taking the time to treat us all with your updates. You have no idea how therapuetic they are - to be able to somehow be there with you. It never ceases to amaze me how you are the one taking care of us. I always thought it was supposed to be the other way around. We love you, girl! Keep up the good progress. My thoughts and prayers as always are with you. Barbara
 
After having lunch with you the other day, I decided to read the ENTIRE blog, even though we talked about much of it. I couldn't read the comments, though, as blogger was once again having fits.

I was struck by two things. First, how consistently you thank others for their friendship and support -- personally, I think they're damn lucky to have you. And second, how humbling it is to find someone facing true adversity, as opposed to all the trite stuff the rest of us find to complain about on an almost daily basis, with such grace and humour.

Thank you, Margaret. For sharing the bad stuff in a way that makes it ok to laugh, for being strong and brave, and for coming down from the attic so I could meet you. [grin]

Let me know when you're done slogging through this next little valley -- I'll be up there on that peak, ready to grab your hand and pull you up if needed, waiting to have lunch again.

I mean, really, a girl's got to eat and I'll probably be hungry again by then.

bw
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger