Margaretsnews
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
 
Wednesday

Today is Wednesday and I’m noticing that I’m mentally gearing up for this next round of “happy juice”, which occurs on Friday. It takes no concentration on my part to administer the juice, but it does take some determination to go ahead and face what’s coming, knowing full well how I’m going to feel afterward. I’ve had no trouble at all with nausea (thank God for anti-nausea drugs!), but the fatigue and the achy bones really get me. It’s exactly like having the flu; just without the headache and fever. (Where is that stunt double that I was promised? Any volunteers?)

This week, I’m eating just like I did in the pre-cancer days, (like a locust—everything in sight!) so next week, when nothing is appealing, it’ll all balance out. Yes, it does, too. Oh, relax, I’ll eat next week; I tend to feel much better when I do. Even a little bit of food makes the difference between lying comatose on the couch, and sitting up, conversing with someone. It’s just hard to eat when there’s just no hunger or desire for food at all, which is a new experience for me. Those who know me know that I LOVE food—the colors, the smells, the textures, the taste, the way food looks on pretty plates—and to have all that just gone is depressing. Fortunately, it’s only temporary; eventually the taste buds wake up and it’s party time again.

Speaking of food, I’ve forgotten to tell y’all the latest! It seems that chemo gives me cravings, once I can eat again. The first time it was apple juice and fresh fruit (not together). The second time it was chocolate milk and baked potatoes (not together). I can’t wait to see what it’ll be next week! I hope it’s something fun, and not something like beets and liver (not together).

In other news, I had 2 wonderful surprises in the last week or so! In the mail, I received a rather large money order, with the return address of my workplace. I was astounded to receive it, and want those responsible to know how much I value their generosity. The second surprise came from other kind people contributing to help me with medical bills, which came at just the right time. Since I don’t know the names of those involved in either surprise, I’ll just say thank you all for your thoughtfulness and generosity. Please know that your gifts are very much appreciated, and they mean more than I can say.
 
Comments:
Cravings, huh? Eating like a Locust, huh? i like it, yessir, i really like it.

You got this gig going really good ol' girl. i mean, eventually everyone will fall in line and understand how "sick" you really are.

Until then, keep up the good work. Go ahead and get another dose of the magic. Since you know what's coming, you also know where the "sweet spot" is for Saturday. Make sure you really get into it while you try to stab that "I'm ready" potion into your body. Oh yeah, go ahead and take a break next week too. It will look better too, not to "get over it" too soon this time.

Maybe that will make up for your real plans for Friday. It WAS Number One, wasn't it? Good. i'll be the one in the, ahem, well, you know...

Oh, and Margaret? We are keeping the landing zone nice and soft.

And remember the butterflies.
 
And what, pray tell, is wrong with beets and liver -- together? I personally love beets, and fried liver with onions and rice on the side is delicious (okay, on occasion -- not on a weekly basis). May your food craving this time be brussel sprouts and brussel sprouts with cheese (no offense to the cheese . . .).

psg
 
Hey, hey... I love brussel sprouts! Ann.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger