Margaretsnews
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
 
Tuesday's News

Oh, what a difference a day makes!

I am feeling MUCH better today than yesterday. I'm still a bit tired, but not nearly as achy. I went to work for a half a day, and was quite happy to come home and snooze on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. I get worn out just from walking out to the mailbox and have to rest. Yes, I'm eating. Not much, to be honest, but I am eating.

I have made some observations that I'd like to share.
1. Being bald feels good. There's a cool breeze on the top of my head all the time, and I like it. It's similar to that feeling coolness on the feet when you take your socks off.

2. During "happy juice" week, food tastes sort of flat, like it has only about 1/2 the flavor. I've also noticed that sweet things are WAYYYYY too sweet. And my favorite, dark chocolate, has no appeal at all. Pity.

3. Time seems to fly during "happy juice" week. I don't know if it's because I spend a lot of time sleeping, or if time has become irrelevant.

4. I have the best family and friends on the planet. There are lots of people taking very good care of me, and I appreciate every one of you. Yes, you, too.
 
Comments:
Hi Margaret -

Back to work already - you are AMAZING!!! I'm glad the time seems to pass faster during "happy juice" week - if you're going to feel rotten than the faster the better.

I'm sorry food doesn't taste too good - what good is comfort food if it doesn't taste good? What kind of comfort is that??? Of course this may be the opportunity to eat something that is good for you but tastes awful - just a thought.

Thank you for taking the time and energy to post -

Love, Jo
 
Good suggestion, Jo! Margaret, maybe now is the time to eat all those brussel sprouts and your favorite... YOGURT!!! Since you can't taste it, you won't know how bad you think it is. It won't taste any different than the things you like. See, if you close your eyes when you eat it, you can pretend it is chocolate pudding or something good like that.

Glad you're feeling better today! Be sure you rest up good this week. If you let skippy think you're sleeping for a while then maybe you can ambush him good when you have your chemo treatments!

Love you,
Molly
 
Jo and Molly have come up with the best suggestions for food I've heard in a long time. I might add to it but who can top Brussel Sprouts and YOGURT!!

I happen to have a plentiful supply of yogurt I would be willing to share with you. In fact, I will bring a couple of extras to work today so you can indulge yourself. There will be something called Peach and something called Lime and the best of all, Black Cherry from some delicious Washington state treats. You can mull over the Peach and the Lime because even if you are sick and I am supposed to defer to your frailness, I have to have the Black Cherry for myself, sorry!! Since you won't be able to truly appreciate the nuances of its delightful tangy sweetness, you will have to enjoy the even if they do taste like soggy cardboard or old feet or whatever it is they taste like.

I was wondering when you would start appreciating the benefits of a sparsely populated head top. That you have adjusted to the delight of baldness is a good sign. I like the analogy - "like when you take your socks off." At least until we have an early cold snap. Now you can feel as good about it as you look.

We are comforted to see you are feeling better quicker than the first time. Deep down in the back of my shallow mind, I kind of thought ol' skippy was going to put up more of a fight but you have already kicked his butt so badly he just doesn't have it left in him!!

You are our strength, Margaret. You are what we all wish we could be.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger