Margaretsnews
Thursday, September 14, 2006
 
Thursday

Good news!! I went to see the oncologist, and we discussed the results of the latest CT scan. It appears that the tumor is shrinking just a little--YEEHA!! My bloodwork also looked good, so that means that this regimen is working and we'll stick with it.

It's a mixed blessing, sort of, because I know now that I have 2 more chemo treatments, then I get chemo along with radiation, then surgery, and then more chemo. Yup, it's gonna be a year before I have hair again. Sigh... (I was sort of hoping to hear the doctor say that I was all healed and it's been nice working together.) So much for that trip to Hawaii. Or even to the beach. On the other hand, this plan will probably make me well again, so I s'pose I can forego the sand and the waves for the time being. All in all, good news, which I could certainly use. It's been a tough day.

It's been brought to my attention that some people want to respond on the blog but don't know how. So here's how: At the end of each entry, there is a time, the word "comment" and an envelope. Just click on the word "comment", and a window will appear. Type in what you want (be aware that others will see what you post), click either the "blogger name" or "anonymous" button (some people click the anonymous button and then put their names or initials so I'll know who they are), and click "login and publish". That's it. I do like hearing from people, but I know that some people just like to lurk. It's OK; I'm a former lurker myself.

Thanks for letting me share my good news with you! I depend on y'all to hold me up during the rough days, so it's only fair that y'all get some good news once in a while, too. Y'all do good work. Thanks for being here.
 
Comments:
It is we who are thankful you share your news, good AND bad with us. One of the many signs of the strength you have in dealing with this "situation." i haven't known many people with cancer (all right, only one, really) but it seems to me not many would take the time to keep the world apprised of the goings on of their illness.

That the tumor is shrinking is some mighty fine news to get. Better news is yet to come and we know the next three or so months are going to be hard... Harder than all our imaginings put together - like you didn't already know that, but you and i know where it is going to end.

i have a pome for you:

I was that which others did not want to be.
I went where others failed to go,
And did what others failed to do.
I asked nothing from those who gave nothing
And reluctantly accepted the thought
Of eternal loneliness, should I fail.
I have seen the Face of Terror,
Felt the stinging Cold of Fear,
And enjoyed the sweet taste of a monent's love.
I have cried, pained and hoped... But most of all,
I have lived times others would say were best forgotten.
At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud
Of what I was...

Taking this journey with you is another thing i am very, very proud of and i promise i am not going to let you down.

No, i did not write the pome. It is anonymous.
 
Margaret -

So glad that things are going well. I think of you often! :)
 
Hi Margaret -

Soooooooooo happy to read we have something to celebrate - see you soon.

Love, Jo
 
Yeppeee!! I'm so happy that you received great news on yesterday!! My sweet little 5 year old asked about you late yesterday and wanted to know if you were all better!!! She pointed to her blue bracelet (kinda like mine) and said, this is for Margaret!! It made me smile. In fact, at 10:50ish last night, while I was all groggy, I whispered a very, very short prayer to The One who makes a difference and it was answered when I read this blog today! You go girl, and you continue to kick skippy in the bee-hind!!

Love ya!
cb
 
Hey Girl,
The Saint wanted me to tell me that he is so proud of how you are handling this thing. So am I!
I love you and miss you SO MUCH! Got details for you when you are ready for them! SMILE!!!!
Deb
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger