Margaretsnews
Monday, September 25, 2006
 
Monday morning

Well, the best thing I can say about today is that it’s no longer Sunday. Sunday was a rough day for me; the chemo and the shot kicked in with both feet, effectively rendering me worthless, just like Superman’s Kryptonite. Looks like today will be a repeat of yesterday. And then this round will be over, and life will get back to normal. Well, normal for me, anyway.

The good news is that this time, I didn’t gasp, wheeze, and cough up a lung the days after chemo, which had become the usual business. I think that means that the chemo is working. Also, my doctor told me that I could take LOTS more Motrin for the pain. So I did. Oh, I still hurt, but the pain is more tolerable. I’m eating, although not much. Yup, spending lots of time on the couch, watching daytime TV—someone please save me—and my music TV station, and napping throughout the day. Now if only I had someone around to fan me and bring me bon-bons…

Ok, now the couch beckons and I am unable to resist. Thanks for being here.
 
Comments:
What else can I say....you're one awesome girl. Glad you can up the Motrin and feel a little better. You're doing great and working almost all the time. Hang in there - as we all know you will. Thanks for the updates - and rest...rest...rest...you are able to do this now - without anyone questioning you!!! nancy
 
Kryptonite? i suppose now you are going to claim you have no memory of your home planet or your father Jo-rel or any of them, right? Have it your way then and i will keep your secret - yessiree!

Also, since you "brought it up," the reason you didn't cough up a lung this time is you don't have any left. You have to remember: This is the THIRD chemo, meaning you have had TWO before this one. Since you only have TWO lungs (unless you people are different that way too) the lungs are gone now, having been choked up during the last two happy juice treatments. That is what the doctor meant when she decided you would get well. Since i don't mind writing "i told you so": i told you months ago you would beat this monster. Odd way of doing it though...

Oh, something else: if daytime TV was tolerable and you had that sumpin'-sumpin'-hifenated-sumpin'-else Jones fella there to fan you and feed you bon-bons, you would never come back and we can't have that now, can we MARGARET? Besides, that Jones fella is too dumb to know where the bon-bon store is. So there.

Even though the people here on Salisbury Street are mostly pleasant, not very mean, and not too ugly, they are no substitute for having the real deal in attendance. Starting tomorrow, no more time off for two and a half weeks.

Ok?

Say Goodnight, Gracie.
 
Boy you have some creative friends. Afraid I just have a dull thinking of you. Hate to say the opening of school has been a reason not to be in touch but have kept in touch with you through EG and JF. Sorry you are back on the couch routine temporarily but delighted to have heard the good news you have been receiving. Your hard work is paying off. You have showed this demon who is boss. You are a tough cookie AND learned something new about you, that you like country music. My car radio seems to stay there quite a bit also. Take care and know you are a "thought about woman". DS
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger