Margaretsnews
Thursday, September 28, 2006
 
It’s Thursday!

I’m feeling MUCH better today than I was earlier this week. I’ve been working ½ days, then coming home, getting a bite of lunch and resting on the couch for a while. “A while” is a relative term, in this case it means “the rest of the day.” The house, the laundry, and the cooking all get a vacation during “chemo week”. (I must say, the boys do help around the house when asked and they do laundry and cook on request.) On the 7th day after chemo, I feel much better, I have more energy, no more achy bones and no foggy head. And then it’s time to play catch-up with the house. And as soon as I feel better, those very same boys have no hesitation at all in handing it all back to me. None. It’s almost like they have lives that don’t include cooking & such.

Speaking of cooking, I’ve had no cravings this time. There are things I absolutely don’t want to eat, like fresh fruit and apple juice (not together). Mashed potatoes are very appealing (ha!), but I wouldn’t say they’re irresistible. I’m a little disappointed; cravings were the ONE fun thing I could look forward to in this whirlwind.

The one thing that never disappoints me is the support I have from all of you out there in cyberland. I can feel your presence, whether you comment on the blog or not, or whether I know you or not. (People who couldn’t pick me out of a crowd read my blog—how cool is that?!) Please know that I am grateful for your many, many kindnesses. In this season of change, it’s reassuring to know that you all are constant. Thank you.
 
Comments:
Hi Margaret -
You sound great and I don't think you should waste it on the house. I have found that dust after 1 week or 2 looks exactly the same. As a matter of fact even after 3 weeks the dust looks exactly like the 1st week. So my advice is to just leave it alone. Instead why don't you give yourself a treat and simply enjoy the weekend. Trust me the dust will be there next week and you can deal with it then. Until then use lower watt bulbs or just keep the lights off - works like a charm!
Love, Jo
 
Two things:

First: Jo is one of the wisest people you know. Listen to her. She knows things. And I have it on good authority that the dust accumulation factor she uses is exactly right plus with lower wattage bulbs or no bulbs at all as it is in some houses, the dust is not objectionable at all and your electric bill gets a break. The appropriate measure of too much dust is when it takes a container bigger than your head to carry it (the dust!! Pay attention!) out to the trash thingy, THAT is too much dust.

Second: "no foggy head?" Yeah, right.

Third: You are a comfort to us all.

Say goodnight, Gracie.

Oh, that was three? So sue me.
 
Well then if day 7 is the charm, I'm glad it's Friday and you're on to days 8, 9 10.... BTW, you looked great this week. I love the "do". Have a great weekend! (no dustin'). Ann.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger