Margaretsnews
Monday, September 11, 2006
 
Another Monday

I know it's been days since I've posted anything; once again, no news is good news. I feel fine, I'm eating and sleeping well, I'm working, and trying to catch up on all those things at home that I've neglected during the past week or so. Yes, my exciting life includes the rush of cleaning the shower! The suspense of balancing the checkbook! The conquering of the mountain of dirty laundry! Yes, it's just one thrilling moment after another. Be still my heart.

I had a CT scan today; it's time to look at the tumor in my lung and see if the chemo is affecting it. I guess I'll get the results sometime soon. I'll keep y'all posted. My general feeling is that the tumor is not growing; my throat doesn't hurt much these days. Of course, it could be that I'm so tired from the chemo that I don't notice!

I had a wonderful compliment the other day. A woman who works in my building let me share her elevator ride. In the few seconds it took to get from floor to floor, we exchanged pleasantries, and then she said something like, "I know it's not, but you make it look easy,". Talk about an ego boost! There are days when I feel like %$#@, and look it, and getting through some days is a genuine struggle. It's good to know that no one sees that part. Thank you, C.! You made my day!

And C. is just one of many who make my day on a regular basis. I am so grateful to have all of you right here, holding my hand and smoothing over the rough places. Thank you. And especially you, over there.
 
Comments:
Margaret said: "holding my hand and smoothing over the rough places"

That is what we are here for, you just get to do the hard stuff. Every day is a wonderful lesson being taught by a teacher with grace and dignity.

Even if you are bald.
 
Hello, Margaret.

I hope we (the CBs) can virtually hold your hand and make things a little easier. (((HUGS)))
 
Hi Margaret -
Ditto to above
Love, Jo
 
Hi Margaret! Me reaching out my hand!
 
Margaret, Another CB here. You are an inspiring person.

Hope its a good week for you. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
 
What a pleasant surprise to find "MY" CBs here!!

Thank you all for showing up; I never expected this, and I certainly appreciate more hands holding me up.

Y'all make me proud.

Thank you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger