Margaretsnews
Saturday, August 05, 2006
 
The shopping trip

I went wig shopping today. I thought I was ready for that, really I did. Then I walked in the door, and realized that the wig was for me because I'd be losing my hair, and soon. Then I decided that I didn't want to lose my hair and that was that. And then I wanted to go home and not think about it.

But Theresa drove me, and she was trying so very hard to be helpful. I couldn't ask her to take me home; heck, we'd just walked in the door. I tried to get with the program. I looked at wigs. Every wig I liked looked just like my own current hairstyle. There's no doubt what I'll end up with--a wig that looks like what I already have. I looked at hats: straw hats, knit hats, turban-style hats. Lots of different colors and fabrics. I tried on hats. (Mom, you'd have been proud!) I found a very pretty lavender hat that looked real cute. When I put it on, all I could see peeking out were blue eyes. Ok, so maybe this won't be so bad after all. So I bought that hat, and one more, and also a scarf headwrap thing that looks like a fancy do-rag.

The woman who owns the store (The Lovely Lady in Cary) is just wonderful. She's knowledgeable about cancer, the drugs, the treatments and the million other things that go along with this disease. She has lots of experience, she's gentle and kind, and acknowledges that while it IS just hair, most women tend to be a little vain about theirs. (Vain? Moi? Could it be?) I have to say that I left there feeling much better than when I went in. Thanks, Theresa.

Hey, I may even look good bald, y'know?? (But I have the hat, just in case...)
 
Comments:
Is lavender anything like purple? Is a hat similar to lipstick? Did you pocket any chicken feathers?

It was seeing those blue eyes that sold the hat, you know...

The headwrap thingy sounds nice. Kind of piraty or Hells Angely. You could get a parrot or a Hog and you would be all set. Skippy wouldn't know what happened to you and would leave on his own to go try to find where you went. Then you could move to Colorado and take up rock hounding. He'd never find you there - rockhounding and all. Might be a really good thing after all...

Maybe no wig is fine because you will only need it for a few months and your golden locks will be back in all their red-headed glory. The wig would then be a false what you already have. Some wimmin have that anyway but you have enough so you don't need a false one too...

I'm glad you are feeling better today.

I'm also glad you are vain.

Thank Theresa for how good she treated you when you wanted your flight overcome your fight.

Hmmmm... purple, feathers, bald, parrott, Hog... Manomanoman what a sight.
 
Margaret,

I'm glad you feel positive about the wig/hat/scarf/chicken feathers trip. We could work on a Captain Jack Sparrow look but we would have to go back for a dread locks wig.

I really would like to get on the driving and food list but I am very ignorant of blogging so I suspect that is why I can't find any list or email addresses.

Just put me on a list and then tell me what you want me to do. I work best that way-I don't have to think!!

Ta Ta for now.
 
Margaret, on you...the hat/scarf or wig will be great. Just forget the dread locks, though. That definitely is not YOU.

We're here for you...nancy
 
you would look god in anything.


hey, at least yours will grow back, mine is for life..lol

william
 
Well, I finally noticed the little comments deal. I am a little slow. I also check on you daily. Next week (can't believe it is going back time) I can also check in with Enola. Regarding the hats, hey--the Red Hat Society is going wild with popularity. Create your own society and maybe you can make some $ off this hat wearing deal!!!Later, Dianne
 
Yeah join the Red Hat Society - there wear hats all the time! I am thinking about you daily and praying for you. Love, Mandy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger