Margaretsnews
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
 
Nearly back to normal

Today is Tuesday, and I worked until 1:00 today! I'm hoping that by the end of the week, I can stay for the entire day. I am feeling better, by degrees, every day. My energy level is improving, and so is my appetite, which will improve my energy level, which will improve my appetite, and so on. And yes, I'm eating. Even had some chocolate today, which I haven't had in days. Can you believe it? ME? Not wanting chocolate? I must be sick. Ha.

My oncologist told me that this first treatment would be indicative of what the rest of the treatments would be like. So now I know that I'll feel like $%#@ for about a week, and then slowly get back to normal. I'll tell you this: I don't like feeling so tired and achy. I didn't get depressed over the cancer, I got ticked over not being my usual able-bodied self. Yeah, yeah, I know it's only temporary. I still don't like it.

And if ol' Skippy thinks he's gonna win even one battle, well, he's got another think coming, 'cause I don't think so. I have friends in high places. And low. I am grateful to have them all. Together we are invincible. Thanks for being here for me.
 
Comments:
So glad to hear you are feeling better today and know your workplace was thrilled to see you. Keep on trucking!!Dspr
 
Margaret - I missed seeing you today at work. I looked in and saw your jacket, so knew you were around somewhere! Went back to my office, blue bracelet in tow and started on the dreaded minutes of my committee. Maybe see you tomorrow.
Keep knowing how many prayers are with you. Sara Jane
 
Thanks for posting. I check every day (sometimes more) and though I don't aways comment back, I am always glad to see you have taken time to keep us "in the loop". I've heard from others that the first reaction seems to be indicative of the rest, so if that's so this sounds good!! See you next week.... Ann :)
 
I know we are invincible....with so many behind you - you will win this battle...friends with prayers work miracles. Glad to hear you are eating chocolate again..that means you are definitely feeling better. Come down to the 2nd floor for a break anytime. Thanks for keeping us informed this way...Blue bracelets are everywhere - I've noticed...nancy
 
I am so relieved you mentioned your friends in low places. I was afraid you would leave me out. Thanks for the props.

Now, go take a nap.
 
I have High friends in Low places.
 
You CAN DO IT!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger